PPF Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPF Splitter

Hoping my car isnt too far off being done at the paintshop.......when the reassemble the front i've asked them not to refit the four piece carbon fibre splitter set as its been on for ages and is road rashed to hell and even worse, its got major cracks in it patched up with tape due to a careless mechanic who, during an MOT drove the car onto the ramp but forgot to put the cover plates over the brake rollers first ! The car dropped onto the rollers and the crack and crunch of smashing carbon fibre could be heard from miles around..........though that wasn't as loud as me shouting......you stupid c#nt at him lol
    The garage stumped up the full cost of a brand new set through Mike Rainbird..........took over a year to arrive mind you but i have it now and it will soon be on the car........but before it goes on i thought it would be an idea to completely cover it in the latest self healing paint protection film to prevent road rash. Was wondering if anyone else has done this and could it be a diy job or best get it done professionally ?
    In my head it looks easy enough lol.....especially the two bigger bits but the hockey sticks might be a bit of a faff !!!

id get it done professionally,i did a mk7 fiesta front end once and the headlights and bumper were a nightmare due to the different contours,its nowhere near as easy as it looks unless your just doing something flat like a bonnet

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
      id get it done professionally,i did a mk7 fiesta front end once and the headlights and bumper were a nightmare due to the different contours,its nowhere near as easy as it looks unless your just doing something flat like a bonnet
      Sounds like good advice……never did get my Blue Peter badge for use of sticky back plastic !
      Off to see who does that work round here…

Comment

Working...
      X