my 2nd saloon car race and crash footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 2nd saloon car race and crash footage

Didn't post this straight away as I was waiting for my M8 Jim to edit it for me(cheers m8)
    As most of you will have read on here, at the weekend I had my first ever saloon car meeting, race one went very well....

Race 2 however went well until this happened......

I will just let you see the short vid first then give you some background info mine is the camera car I am having a great battle with the integra for position then a scoobie comes along to lap us with disasterous results.

[ame="http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/Jim__S/Events/Motorsport/NSSCC/2010/April/?action=view&current=SteveRace2TheCrash.flv"]April :: Steve's Crash video by Jim__S - Photobucket[/ame]

steve
    Last edited by the youth; 20-04-2010, 09:42:10.

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
    Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
    Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
    Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
    http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

so who's fault was it then Steve?

Comment

oh dear he came up well quick.

Comment

that was just like the btcc back in the day when the cars all ran together in there classes,the incar panel bashing shot Steve was like the old days.
        glad yer ok too.

Comment

Well it wasn't Steve's fault thats for sure. Where can you go if 2 cars are on both sides of you

Glad that you are ok mate.
          Roy

Comment

ok now you have seen it I will update it

My car is damaged on both sides......the reason..... the scooby ran into me knocking me into the honda in the vid it looks like I turn left but that was as a result of being hit by the scooby

I have a video that I can't upload at the mo from in the car pointing at me from the rollcage on the passengers side it clearly shows the scooby hitting me sending me into the integra

this 2nd vid from I believe a lap earlier shows how we were still battling and being lapped safely..the correct way

[ame="http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/Jim__S/Events/Motorsport/NSSCC/2010/April/?action=view&current=SteveRace2HowToOvertake.flv"]April :: How to Overtake video by Jim__S - Photobucket[/ame]

the scooby drive came over after the race and blamed me and my "ignorance" for the crash something wich I totally disagree with..

after a fluffled gear change in sunny I took the normal racing (correct) line towards the right hand side of the track and with a bootfull of integra could see nothing untill the teg moved to the left to pass me(I was aware of him and was letting him go through) it was then that I saw the scooby but was already on my way to the right and with an integra now on my left I had no where to go...

one last thing in non of the vids can a blue flag be seen......

steve

Comment

The damage to my car is cosmeticly light the wings have pulled out ok the bumper is damaged and it's mountings but the nsf wheel took a big hit on the hondas osr wheel, my suspension is damaged but as yes I don't know to what extent the wheel and tyre(a new 888!!) is scrap..

anyway here is the view I got of the incident you can clearly see the scooby hit me knocking me into the honda..

[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0803/youth1/track%20car/?action=view&current=NSSCCcrashdriversview.flv"]track car :: NSSCC crash video by youth1 - Photobucket[/ame]

steve

Comment

this is why i pulled out of doing it the white track esc cos, ide end up fighting with cranks like that
                sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

Comment

@22 secs on the last vid the scoob came across far to quick and in result hitting your car

Comment

scooby was clearly in the wrong, there was no where else for you to go when you stuck in the middle

at least you were ok and the damage minimum, and i bet your car is going to be a lot cheaper to fix than the scooby aswell

Comment

you look well fucked off with that

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                      My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

The downsides of racing eh

Hope you get the big area fixed soon

Comment

Feel for you Steve, nothing you could do which is the frustrating thing about it all, but glad the damage is not anything too major, hope you can sort it all out for the next race

Comment

it looks like the Scooby 'might' have put a wheel onto the grass, came back onto the track and moved over very quickly to the left leaving you with no chance. ( as the tyre rides over the edge of the tarmac sometimes the car 'jumps' to the side, making the car move even further left).

it's a bugger, more costs. Hopefully you'll get it fixed and move onto the next race.
                            sigpic

www.Bergsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bergcup435 View Post
                              it looks like the Scooby 'might' have put a wheel onto the grass, came back onto the track and moved over very quickly to the left leaving you with no chance. ( as the tyre rides over the edge of the tarmac sometimes the car 'jumps' to the side, making the car move even further left).

it's a bugger, more costs. Hopefully you'll get it fixed and move onto the next race.
                              90% of the scooby was on the grass!!
                              he then moved left and knocked me into the honda..

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X