Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Ok, I should really be asking Dave but someone on here will probably know.

YUM was fitted with an AIM dash prior to me buying it. The wire were obviusly cut to adapt the standard dash wiring to the AIM.

Now then me and a friend spent a couple of hours today rewiring the plug for the standard clocks to the cut loom. Got it all done except there are two wires left over that are not on the plug? the colours are:

Blue with a Red trace
    Blue with a Geen trace

What are these and why are they not on the plug?

Cheers

Follow me on Instagram @billy_rs

Comment

I have not got a danny le rue about wiring...... but I know that Prometheus on here is the guru. PM him matey

Comment

He wouldnt of used the standard wiring unless he had the 'street version', it only needs a switched 12v, ground an TX wire which both come direct from the ECU.
        sigpic

Comment

Well the standard wiring was put into big connector blocks and then certain wires were used from the blocks for the AIM dash.

Just got those too left over?

Ill PM Prometheus

Comment

they sound like the 2 wires that go to the banna pod for the lighting, from the factory they had black bullet connections on

steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
            Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
            Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
            Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
            http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by the youth View Post
              they sound like the 2 wires that go to the banna pod for the lighting, from the factory they had black bullet connections on

steve

I like the way your thinking, makes sense

Comment

Billy, take a picture of exactly what you have left and pop it over to me tomorrow (even on the phone will do if its easier) and ill have a peek at my loom as its pretty much out at the moment and every plug is labeled up with its destination, so i can definatley say what it is for you

Comment

Kelv thats the best idea will find out what it is in no time Billy

Comment

very true Craig.

in fact Bill, ill probably know as soon as you send me the picture, ive seen my loom behind the dash to many times anyway

Comment

Don't know about a big turbo car but my ST has these wires they are separate from the main plug and They go to the 2 bullet connectors on the back of the cluster. If you've got the original clocks you'll see the same coloured wires dangling from the back of them. Simples

Comment

AIM uses as described above, trust me, as I've just fitted one!!

Why not just phone Dave and ask?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X