coast to coast bike ride 140 mile- 1 day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coast to coast bike ride 140 mile- 1 day

has anyone on here done a coast to coast on pedal bike? in 1 day? ive done it over 2 days last time few years back from whitehaven to roker. but want to atempt it in 1 day this time to raise money for charity. its a total of 140 mile. any cyclists who rack the miles up recon this is possible and a estimated timescale to do it? . . .

i did it a few years ago over 3 days, it was easy enough. i know of one person who did it in one hit and it took him 17 hours.
    sigpic

Comment

Haven't been on my bike for a while but offten thought about doing the coast to coast not in one go mind lol

upsetting the establishment on PF since 2000 http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
        i did it a few years ago over 3 days, it was easy enough. i know of one person who did it in one hit and it took him 17 hours.
        dave was this person a keen biker who does a lot of miles do you know or did he just give it a go?
        and blacky its good crack apart from pedaling up hartside pass. . . seems never ending mate.

Comment

i reckon if your not up to big miles in the saddle say over 50 miles in a day you would have a arse that felt like a bus had been up it

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
            i reckon if your not up to big miles in the saddle say over 50 miles in a day you would have a arse that felt like a bus had been up it
            lol karl thats not a nice thought but know wot you mean as was bad enuf last time over the 2 days. thing is now i dont have 2 days and recovery time to take off work so aiming to do this in 1 day and have following day to recover then back to work.

Comment

a few years ago i did a cahrity ride . there were 2 corses a 20 mile & a 40 mile i was ment to be on the 20 but got past all the 20 mile people & cought the 40 mile people up without realiseing

finished 20 mins after michelle doing the 20

on the odd time i get chance i ride to work & back 8 miles each way

upsetting the establishment on PF since 2000 http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by blacky View Post
                a few years ago i did a cahrity ride . there were 2 corses a 20 mile & a 40 mile i was ment to be on the 20 but got past all the 20 mile people & cought the 40 mile people up without realiseing

finished 20 mins after michelle doing the 20

on the odd time i get chance i ride to work & back 8 miles each way
                aye blacky mate my bike doesnt see much road lately but my son was born with 3 holes in his heart and had to undergo open heart surgery at 7 months old, freeman hospital did this and i feel i owe them for this big time and doing that ride over 1 day wud be a good challenge for me but knowing wot my lado had been thruw this shud be easy as that will drive me. . .

Comment

good reson

if your doing it in a day you need someone else to also do it in a day or someone following just in case

Comment

Originally posted by blacky View Post
                    good reson

if your doing it in a day you need someone else to also do it in a day or someone following just in case
                    did try get few people to do this but no one bit and just told me i wudnt make it- but i know i will becos of the reason why i want to do it. got my old man on standby incase of any problems along way will just ring him up.

Comment

Gazza sorry to hear about your wee man hope he is on top forum nowthats good to show apprecation as for the cycleing i would be fooked after 5 minsbut think positive and keep pushing please keep us updated how you get on buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                        Gazza sorry to hear about your wee man hope he is on top forum nowthats good to show apprecation as for the cycleing i would be fooked after 5 minsbut think positive and keep pushing please keep us updated how you get on buddy
                        cheers craigy mate will defo keep ya updated as i plan to atempt this over the next few weeks and the little fella is 100% spot on now thanks, them are clever people who do those operations he has peice of kevlar weave stiched over the holes now wich stay there forever. also he just atarted walking today and now carnt stop him lol.

Comment

if it had been a bit more than a couple of weeks i might have been tempted

my wife is doing the great north walk next sunday & we are camping the weekend after

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
                            dave was this person a keen biker who does a lot of miles do you know or did he just give it a go?
                            and blacky its good crack apart from pedaling up hartside pass. . . seems never ending mate.
                            Yes, he was fit as a fiddle mate.
                            Hartside pass is a killer, when i did it it was blowing a gale which made it even harder.
                            sigpic

Comment

yes it is possible but you have to train properly. none of this out and thrashing it every time you go out give yourself plenty of time to train up to it also would be a hell of alot easier if you had some one doing it with you. Also a good diet while you are training. When training never increase your training load by any more than 10% whether it be volume or intensity but most of all enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X