Rear hub nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear hub nut

As you can see I have the rear beam out to have it dipped and powder coated. Whilst giving the underneath a bit of attention. Unfortunately my sockets go to 36mm, and I don't have a vernier. I have a manual, I've done search on here, I just can't find the size of the nut. Could someone please tell me so I can get the shafts out please? This only bloody started as changing the rack and then Kelvs front diff came along, and the pieces just kep coming off.

41 mm i believe

Comment

I guessed 40mm, I would've been P'd off to get 1 then it still be too small. Thanks

Comment

no problem .. get yourself a 6 sided impact socket because they are tight ... regards mark

Comment

Will do.

Comment

while we are on the subject

which thread goes on which side? as 1 is left and the other right handed thread?

cheers

http://<span style="font-size:20px">...g.co.uk</span>

Comment

NS looks a lefty, OS looks normal

Comment

yea ns is left handed
                Thanks Mark.

NORRISMOTORSPORT 01773836274
                WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Comment

it 41 mm m8 not 40mm driver side clockwise to undo ,passenge side anti clockwise to undo

Comment

I've got one you can borrow,I believe I'm local to you.

Comment

yeah wher are you m8 as i got socket and big rachet which you will need

Comment

Robbie, Vincent (Neverenough) is on the south coast about 10 mins from yourself.
                        thats who i went to meet after i left yours that night

and as already said, it is indeed a 41mm, and ideally you would benefit from a 6 sided socket for the snug fit as it will be tight.

Dave, you go with the flow of the cars forward motion to undo them.
                        which as said by Georgie is: RHS is clockwise, LHS is anti-clockwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                          Robbie, Vincent (Neverenough) is on the south coast about 10 mins from yourself.
                          thats who i went to meet after i left yours that night
                          Yes I remember you saying

Comment

Cheers Chaps

http://<span style="font-size:20px">...g.co.uk</span>

Comment

Originally posted by silvercos View Post
                              I've got one you can borrow,I believe I'm local to you.
                              Yes please, it'll be much appreciated. You're in gosport aren't you? When is good for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X