Cambelt cover help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt cover help

Hello all, does anyone know if this is the correct cambelt cover for my car? I know its a small turbo version so thats ok but my car has aircon and ive heard the covers are different? Can you still get brand new genuine cambelt covers from Ford or anyone else? If you can then what sort of money are they?

Seems a bit of a shame to put this brand new genuine one on my car but the one thats on it at the moment is well past its best so needs must.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

the aircon is the same,just makes it harder to fit

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
      the aircon is the same,just makes it harder to fit
      Hello Nick, so no differences in cover then? I had heard/read somewhere that the aircon ones are shorter that was all and ive already got this one stored away and thought knowing my luck, its the wrong one. As for fitting, im going to book it in with Mark for a cambelt change next month so he can have all the hard work.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

Comment

Jay most people make them shorter to make it easier to fit, I know mine has been cut for this reason

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
          Jay most people make them shorter to make it easier to fit, I know mine has been cut for this reason
          I see now mate, so my new one will fit.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

Comment

you need to remove front pully and water pump pully to fit correctly or you struggle and will mark your new cover jay

Comment

It will fit an LT as well, you just (carefully) remove the lugs on the side and no-one would know any different (in case you wanted to sell it to an LT owner ) .
              Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

I need a standard ST cover if anyone has one, can even bit a marked etc.

88 Sapphire RS Cosworth
                53 Focus RS
                05 Mondeo ST TDCI

Comment

Originally posted by cossiecrazy View Post
                  you need to remove front pully and water pump pully to fit correctly or you struggle and will mark your new cover jay
                  Im going to sub the job out to you anyway mate, cambelts are something way beyond my expertise. I was just unsure if I had the correct cover but it seems I have. I have a few more little jobs that I might get done at the same time if you are interested.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

Comment

good one Jay, give Mark the hassle

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P View Post
                      Im going to sub the job out to you anyway mate, cambelts are something way beyond my expertise. I was just unsure if I had the correct cover but it seems I have. I have a few more little jobs that I might get done at the same time if you are interested.
                      jay im always interested mate what we got

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post
                        I need a standard ST cover if anyone has one, can even bit a marked etc.
                        Nash clean your inbox

Comment

Hello Nick, so no differences in cover then? I had heard/read somewhere that the aircon ones are shorter that was all and ive already got this one stored away and thought knowing my luck, its the wrong one. As for fitting, im going to book it in with Mark for a cambelt change next month so he can have all the hard work.
                          no diff at all,it will fit perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
                            good one Jay, give Mark the hassle
                            Exactly what I was thinking.

Originally posted by cossiecrazy View Post
                            jay im always interested mate what we got
                            Ive got a brand new washer bottle that needs fitting too as one of the mountings has snapped on mine. Maybe a few fluid changes aswell, see what my bank balance looks like at the end of the month after ive taxed it.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ive got a brand new washer bottle that needs fitting too as one of the mountings has snapped on mine. Maybe a few fluid changes aswell, see what my bank balance looks like at the end of the month after ive taxed it.
                              GREAT STUFF

Comment

Working...
                              X