FAO suspension gurus - Mike Rainbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO suspension gurus - Mike Rainbird

I took the cossie for the front wheels to be laser aligned and gave them the settings Mike recommended. 2mm overall toe in, and 1.5 degrees negative camber.
    The suspension guy told me the lower arms didnt have a great amount of adjustment and he couldnt get the car to go to 1.5 degrees. (compbrake adj arms made with gen ford arms).
    He managed the 2mm toe in.
    He gave me this print out and said here are your settings, however i cant decipher it, so Mike can you tell me what settings i have from this chart please?
    I havent driven the car yet so i dont know how it feels. The mrs drove it home

sigpic

You don`t have 2mm toe in, your lhs is posetiv and rhs is negativ. It should show +0*10' on both sides. You actualy have 0,01mm total toe in

Comment

Sorry to say they've set up the toe to be near as damn-it parallel.

For 2 mm of toe-in, the total toe figure at the top of the right-hand column should be 0.25 to 0.28 (zero degrees and 25 to 28 minutes).

As for camber set-up, the Compbrake arms do adjust for up to 2.5 degrees of negative camber as long as they were fitted / pre-assembled correctly......so this may not be the tracking equipment operators fault.

Comment

Originally posted by L8 ECU View Post
        Sorry to say they've set up the toe to be near as damn-it parallel.

For 2 mm of toe-in, the total toe figure at the top of the right-hand column should be 0.25 to 0.28 (zero degrees and 25 to 28 minutes).

As for camber set-up, the Compbrake arms do adjust for up to 2.5 degrees of negative camber as long as they were fitted / pre-assembled correctly......so this may not be the tracking equipment operators fault.
        The arms were assembled by compbrake and the tracking operator fitted them before he set it up!
        Ill see how it handles before i take it back and complain, pity the next time i get to drive it will be a 3 hour trip to the Pod
        sigpic

Comment

do them ajustable TCA's make much of a differenec on a road going ecos?

Comment

No need for them Hugh, you can set the car up fine without them

Comment

Basically he has ignored the toe settings you asked for and done it to the factory recommended setting of parallel . It will follow the all the imperfections in the road (AKA tramlining) set like this .
              Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Working...
              X