Living with your partners kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with your partners kids

Any of you guys do it ? My missus has two kids from a previous relationship, the eldest I get on great with,but the youngest I cannot stand. She is only 10 but is an attention seeking, manipulative disobedient little brat. How do you guys manage it ?

The 400 club , built not bought

ignore her maybe?

i aint had the experience but it usually works with attention seekers, dont give them what they want

Comment

Boarding school

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Good idea Steve !!!

Comment

play call of duty turtle beaches up full

Comment

I already do lol.

Comment

Comment

I lived with my Exs kids (split up years ago now) and to say it was hard is an under-statement.

Not easy, but if you want your relationship to work, you'll just have to grin and bear it and compromise too.

Scouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse View Post
                  I lived with my Exs kids (split up years ago now) and to say it was hard is an under-statement.

Not easy, but if you want your relationship to work, you'll just have to grin and bear it and compromise too.

Scouse.
                  True mate,its not easy cos she knows she can twist her mum round her finger,some of the stuff she gets away with is unreal.

Comment

Thats a cunt of a situation Kev tell if she be's good you will buy her a pony when she is 16

Comment

I said I'd put a tiger in her room but she said that would be awesome lol.

Comment

I live with my Mrs and her two kids, 13 and 10. 13 year old is good as gold, the 10 year old can be a handful. Both girls. We got a baby on the way too.

I find they want all your time, want to do everything with you etc which is not possible... I am the one who has to keep them in line as well which goes down well some times.

Find what she does not like or what she loves and make sure she knows you know that, then when she is playing up tell her if she does not stop, that will be gone.

We got it down to a tee with the school reports.

£50 for every good report
                        iPhone, GHD's, TV's, makeup etc all come off them if they get a bad report.
                        They wont get any of it back until the next report arrives, if that is bad they lose more, if it is good they get there stuff back.

I find they always want to be center of attention, just got to find away of letting her know when she cannot get away with it.

I got the whole eye contact thing off to a tee, one look and they know.

Comment

Originally posted by mboon View Post
                          I live with my Mrs and her two kids, 13 and 10. 13 year old is good as gold, the 10 year old can be a handful. Both girls. We got a baby on the way too.

I find they want all your time, want to do everything with you etc which is not possible... I am the one who has to keep them in line as well which goes down well some times.

Find what she does not like or what she loves and make sure she knows you know that, then when she is playing up tell her if she does not stop, that will be gone.

We got it down to a tee with the school reports.

£50 for every good report
                          iPhone, GHD's, TV's, makeup etc all come off them if they get a bad report.
                          They wont get any of it back until the next report arrives, if that is bad they lose more, if it is good they get there stuff back.

I find they always want to be center of attention, just got to find away of letting her know when she cannot get away with it.

I got the whole eye contact thing off to a tee, one look and they know.
                          Good advice,thanks mate. I'm gonna sit and talk it over with her mum cos I dont want to split up with her,good thing is her kid is away for 2 weeks holidays with her dad as of tomorrow.

Comment

wise words mboon
                            one for the road?? ......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ksa-cossie View Post
                              True mate,its not easy cos she knows she can twist her mum round her finger,some of the stuff she gets away with is unreal.
                              I know were you are coming from fella my parteners daughter is just like that just grin & bear it fella as one day they will learn the hard way

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X