6deg beam with supra diff fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mallard man View Post
    to be honest they arn't the easiest diff to get hold of. neither is the jag or a ford 9" it's a dam sight cheaper and eisier to install. The ratio fraser it having is a 3:7 (standard cossie is 3:64) so slightly faster exceleration if in 2wd. You would need to find a 3:64 if using wheel drive. (4wd)
    John what model Supra is best to use, and is their different ones?

RS Cosworth Parts - MT-Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley P. View Post
      These diffs are available here in most junk yards and Toyota forums, one of the Rallye guys here (John V. http://www.rallyrace.net/jvab/) does the conversion for the Merkur guys. Yes, a large selection of gear ratio available for cheap. Maybe you guys can hookup, getting something going...
      i spoke to the guy last yr. i asked him to send me some adapters over, they never came. so i decided to do my own. and they are available shortly for sale. fraser has just bought the 1 i was putting in my car. he will no boubt abuse and test it better than me. saying that they have been properly tested by the supra men, upto 1200bhp i believe.

for all my tuning needs i use Turbosystems 07587188434. ask for tony

Comment

Will be starting to fit it tomorrow afternoon, should hopefully be out on the road by the end of next weekend if all goes to plan
        Cheap simple gearbox upgrade sounds like a good plan too, get thinking john

507.9bhp and 435lb/ft
        Mapped by TurboSystems

Comment

i'm trying. i need that droning sound so i can come up with ideas. i'll be at Tony's mon or tues. so wed should be the day for ideas.

Comment

What about a Jag gearbox as a cheap upgrade if its rwd.
            sigpic

Comment

getrag 265 gearbox iirc is the box your reffering to neil ??

t5 bellhousing can be eaisaly modded to suit ,

im sure superaly has recently fitted one in ade brennans drift sapph

Comment

Yip Euan had one on his saff that was running over 550 bhp aswell, Ally would be the man to see as Im sure he does a ready to fit kit.
                sigpic

Comment

iirc aly said your looking at around the 750 mark for a converted box ,

considering the price for a rebuilt t5 it seems a very good option !!

FAO mallard man - any chance of a pm with a price on the adapters also what model and year the 3.7 ratio diffs came in

or i may have to get wesley on the case for me

Comment

obviously i'd rather sell these as a complete kit, rather than give prices on individual bits or parts. thanks
                    if anyone is interested pm me for a price

Comment

diff

Hi mate,
                      Very interested in this supra diff conversion your doing.
                      Could you p.m me prices/details of what it comes with?
                      Been thinking of getting shot of the standard rwd before it goes bang now i have 450bhp

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mallard man View Post
                        obviously i'd rather sell these as a complete kit, rather than give prices on individual bits or parts. thanks
                        if anyone is interested pm me for a price

can understand that

but i wouldnt be fitting it to a beam , but a wrc style cradle mate

hence asking for the adapters only

beef

Comment

Originally posted by -beefy- View Post
                          can understand that

but i wouldnt be fitting it to a beam , but a wrc style cradle mate

hence asking for the adapters only

beef
                          i'm just having some cnc'd at the mo. i should know this week what they cost me. i'll let you know

Comment

Are the supra diff casings alloy or cast iron Johh? And what about the diff unit itself, viscous or plated as std? And is there somewhere that does differnet ratio CWP's?

Comment

Supra diff casing is cast iron. Its a plated type. There are plenty if different ratios

Comment

Working...
                              X