Revs "hanging" when changing gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revs "hanging" when changing gear

I've noticed that the revs tend to "hang" for a second or so after lifting off the accelerator. It's most noticeable when chnaging gear.

The engine's running light blues with an scs chip (mapped by Harvey last summer) on a standard T34. Do they all do this, or is there a fault causing this?

Thanks
    Dave

Sounds like the throttle cable is slow on return, the spring could be weak at the end or heat damage.
    Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

agree with warren. strange, 2 warrens agreeing on the same thing.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
      My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
        agree with warren. strange, 2 warrens agreeing on the same thing.
        2 warrens dont make a right

Comment

sounds like an air leak to me fella

Comment

@ 2 warrens - I'll check the throttle return spring / throttle cable.

@Cossiecrazy - would I be right in thinking the air leak would be "engine side" of the throttle - plenum or one of its related vacuum / boost pipes? I have had the ISCV out a few times to clean it up as it was sticking - may need to check it's seated properly. I changed the 3 boost hoses to silicone and fitred an RS500 type intercooler last summer, so guess I'd best check all the hose clips are still done up properly.

Thanks all
            Dave

Comment

hi dave if an air leak it could be where throtle body bolts to inlet or one of the small vacumn pipes bud

Comment

Working...
              X