Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a trailer/flat bed that can move a vehicle this weekend Kent area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a trailer/flat bed that can move a vehicle this weekend Kent area?

Hi guys need to move a VW camper import I've bought for the missus from Ashford Kent to my house Cheshunt Herts? As its not been registered yet and has no plates.

Will obviously pay the going rate etc

Thanks

I have a trailer but in Devon so absolutely no use

Comment

Another one paul get pics up when you get it home

Comment

Yes another one for my sins lol

Different version thou and slightly newer 'bay window' 1970. California import. This one isn't a project thou and can be used straight away

Comment

I ALWAYS drive them to a mot station,its the law and yes i know even if its got no uk plates fitted so long as its booked in for a mot on the chassis number and goes straight there from the docks i'd drive it and save wasting money hiring somthing or someone to do somthing you can do legally.
          i have done this many times from southampton and liverpool docks and even waved at the dock police who wave back and i have no plates fitted.

Comment

His n' hers campers.................... Camptastic

Is this the solution to the fact you two have had a barney about what colour it should be

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
              I ALWAYS drive them to a mot station,its the law and yes i know even if its got no uk plates fitted so long as its booked in for a mot on the chassis number and goes straight there from the docks i'd drive it and save wasting money hiring somthing or someone to do somthing you can do legally.
              i have done this many times from southampton and liverpool docks and even waved at the dock police who wave back and i have no plates fitted.
              Good shout Karlo

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
                yep thats the way
                one for the road?? ......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                  Good shout Karlo
                  Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
                  yep thats the way
                  well lads its me job,if you have a crooked wall call a builder,if your teeth have fell out call a dentist and if yer need reliable advice about importing registering or moting a old banger i'm yer man

Comment

Problem is it already has a MOT (monday) although I am friendly with a local MOT station that could put me in the book

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                      His n' hers campers.................... Camptastic

Is this the solution to the fact you two have had a barney about what colour it should be
                      No arguing as they will be the same colour

This is also another reason for having two which I'll explain at a later date

Comment

you mean already booked in for one ? if so cancel it and rebook it to coincide with the trip from wherever.
                        or if its just comming from a mot station ie been waiting to be collected your still in the clear to drive with no plates legally so long as the mot station would confirm its just been collected if you got a tug.

Comment

It was done on Monday gone

Comment

Ronnie has a trailer, and you could store the camper at mine for a while if that makes things any easyer mate? Im not too far from ashford.

GT30, ALS/LC Real Wheel Drive
                            Yes i am the real Doug

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, paid a guy with a trailer in the end.. got it home tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X