hubcentric spacers safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hubcentric spacers safe?

how safe are hubcentric spacers for a big power car?

as i want to go 5 stud so from4x108 to 5x114.3 which is jap fitment as it gives me a wider range of wheels and hopefully wider than a 10 inch wheel but does anyone know the min width of the adaptors

my friend has some on his clio 182 and they look propa cheap and nasty..

let alone on a powerful car..

you could probly get a local enginering place to make some strong ones up? not hardest thing to make.

Ash.

Comment

you cant go to 5 stud from 4 as one of the studs will foul the spacer adaptors new stud if you know what i mean, best way is to fit 5 stud granada hubs like me then you can fit spacer adaptors to take any 5 stud wheel you want

Comment

ive found adaptors that go to and from what i need

dont want to change hubs one there rare and also means hasle of different bells etc

Comment

any pics?

Comment

http://mywheeladapters.com/4x100-4x1...-P2036810.aspx

Comment

looks like you have to drill your hub flange then to mount them,not seen those type before,i suppose it depends on how they actually fasten on as to how safe they would be

Comment

why would i need to drill?

if it was 5x108 then yes i couldnt do it, but with the 5x114 the new stud is between the 2 original studs leaving enough material, so i think it could be done looking at those, only reason i dont like those is one i want to use nuts to bolt them to the hub and nwant a ring so my disc and wheel sit on as they would normally, think ill give chris a bell tomorrow at wheels n things as hes going jap wheels on his cossie

Comment

The only ones to fit are the proper hubcentric ones with spigot ring built in like the H&R ones or the deltamics ones.

DONT buy cheapy ones as they will be shit.

Also if youre using massive ones you will have to accept increased wear on the bearings if you space the wheels out a lot.

A few people on here have had 30mm ones on thier cars with no problems.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                  My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

I had a set of 8mm Eibach spacers on my bm coupe which was 430bhp and had no problems with them at all even at speeds excess of 170mph, whatever you do dont buy cheap ones, these were 60 quid a pair but they were the original stud pattern, you get ones that bolt onto your original hub after you take your old wheel studs out, they are bolted on with counter sunk bolts and come with there own built in studs, these will be fine just dont get cheap ones, H&R or Eibach should be good
                    sigpic

Comment

I had eibach 25mm on my Es cos when I ran old comps. Did a track day with them no problems.

My old focus had 25mm ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by richyx View Post
                        why would i need to drill?

if it was 5x108 then yes i couldnt do it, but with the 5x114 the new stud is between the 2 original studs leaving enough material, so i think it could be done looking at those, only reason i dont like those is one i want to use nuts to bolt them to the hub and nwant a ring so my disc and wheel sit on as they would normally, think ill give chris a bell tomorrow at wheels n things as hes going jap wheels on his cossie
                        it looked like in those pics they were using countersunk bolts inbetween the orig holes,but looking at it again it looks like they actually DO use the orig holes but i still dont see how you can? 5x112 foul one of the studs so 5x114 is only going to move the studs out by an extra 1mm all round which will still foul the original one see what chris comes up with

Comment

how safe are hubcentric spacers for a big power car?

as i want to go 5 stud so from4x108 to 5x114.3 which is jap fitment as it gives me a wider range of wheels and hopefully wider than a 10 inch wheel but does anyone know the min width of the adaptors

HI
                          why not just plug one of your holes and tig a boss pressed in ,then redrill your new stud pattern

mark

Comment

Originally posted by MK Motorsport View Post
                            HI
                            why not just plug one of your holes and tig a boss pressed in ,then redrill your new stud pattern

mark
                            because then ill have to have custom bells made up to suit the new stud pattern

if i can get proper adaptors ill use them, as i need to choose wheels again soon and four stud is only comps in a 10 inch but i want to go wider if i can, but ive had the mos in 10s and i need something more aggressive looking now, but only option is 5 stud conversion

Comment

because then ill have to have custom bells made up to suit the new stud pattern

if i can get proper adaptors ill use them, as i need to choose wheels again soon and four stud is only comps in a 10 inch but i want to go wider if i can, but ive had the mos in 10s and i need something more aggressive looking now, but only option is 5 stud conversion

redrill bells
                              mark

Comment

Working...
                              X