Yellow expansion bottle cap fookin bust Update:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow expansion bottle cap fookin bust Update:

Is the yellow expansion bottle cap still available as the pressure relief valve has come away from the inside of the cap. Ive pushed it together and screwed down the cap but its still bust We are in Folkstone atm but I'm sure sure it will be ok for now. If Ford stock them I could pop into the nearest garage and get one
    Last edited by Sunnysidebb; 29-11-2012, 19:37:52.
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Should still be in stock as its the same as any other ford from the era

Comment

Even pop bye a local scrappy or maybe a forum member his local to you and help you

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Escor...item416e00504e
        Cheers
        Trev.

Comment

Thanks I will look out for a Ford Garage. So long as it still seals It should be OK....I hope
          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

I think I've got a spare at work. I'm in Whitstable which is 30 mins away if you need it

Comment

if you cant get one from ford in stock, then get one from a range of fords from early 90's to mid 00's.

eg pumas, fiesta's, ka's, some mondeos etc.

take the old one with you and match the engineering drawing number from the top of the cap with a scrappy one.

You willl find the FINIS numbers for identical looking caps will vary so you may find the cossie ones are uprated to a higher pressure but i doubt theres much in it and a standard cap will be more than adequate for normal driving round where you wont be stressing the coolant system.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
              My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Originally posted by jamest8 View Post
                I think I've got a spare at work. I'm in Whitstable which is 30 mins away if you need it
                Hi James, have you got your postcode then I could google the location.
                Were visiting Lorraine's cousin tomorrow who had a full lung transplant 4 years ago and in now in end stage rejection and will be starting here easing over drug regime some time soon ( Its why I dont want to go down that route either) So were spending the day with here and it might be the last time ever. Life's a bitch some times.

Anyway, what a brilliant offer and Ive just googled Whitstable and your not far at all. Just got to work out the logistics and possible timings.
                Do you have an e-mail address as my phone will receive e-mails whilst I'm out. The Laptop will be in the hotel all day. The Carlton Hotel , 16-19 The Leas Folkestone.
                sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Give Graham at car parts express a call. They are only 11quid

Comment

Originally posted by cootsie View Post
                    Give Graham at car parts express a call. They are only 11quid
                    Will do, problem is I dont know if this one is sealing. The complete black bit with the spring has come away from the inside of the cap. Ive pushed it all together and screwed it down and it pushed back up but doesn't fix its self back in the cap.
                    I'm not driving hard so even if its not sealed I'll just keep an eye on the water lever.
                    sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                      Will do, problem is I dont know if this one is sealing. The complete black bit with the spring has come away from the inside of the cap. Ive pushed it all together and screwed it down and it pushed back up but doesn't fix its self back in the cap.
                      I'm not driving hard so even if its not sealed I'll just keep an eye on the water lever.
                      I would get a new one. If it doesn't relief you will end up popping a hose or the waterpump seal will pop.

Comment

Originally posted by cootsie View Post
                        I would get a new one. If it doesn't relief you will end up popping a hose or the waterpump seal will pop.
                        Uhmm you have apont there.
                        sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Update on cap.
                          fixed it when I got home. once cap is held securely the internal spring mechanism twist locks back into the cap.
                          James you have a PM ,
                          Thanks again.
                          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X