FAO ESCOS.com Plumbers Electric shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO ESCOS.com Plumbers Electric shower

I have a tenant complaining about the shower. the issue is she now how to turn the heat setting to the maximum temp to get hot water, and it doesn't maintain the heat for long.

Its a Triton Jade 3 similar to most tritons but just a different cover.

It has great water pressure, the low pressure warning light isn't on, no real lime scaling, no burn or dodgy wires.

I checked the top thermo cut out on the top of the can (3) has continuity between its connectors, as does the one at (2) although this also has a earth off it so don't know whether that would have effected the reading

Anyone got any ideas?

My triton used to do something similar.
    It was a different model though and had a limescale trap, once this was emptied it used to be fine again.

Comment

Are the wires in the pull cord socket tight and also in the shower.

Comment

Just let her get in your bath and hide behind the shower curtain.

Comment

Always find Triton Tech helpline very good and if it's fubar'd they supply a direct replacement at a good price in my experience

Comment

Thanks Jules, phoned them.. they said its either the stabiliser (5) which is a bout £40 posted or the Can with the element inside again about £40 posted.

Triton offered a flat rate call out of £99 inc parts to fix it. Can find them brand new online for £85 plus post

Not sure what to do.. going to try and dig out the receipt/ warranty as I think it was quite long

Fucking electric showers, that the main thing that always go wrong in rentals

Comment

It just occurred to me that if it was the heater box it would be a faulty of knackered heater element and it wouldn't work at all but it looked like it had four connections to power (two either side) so now I'm thinking it my have two elements inside which come on in stages (eco and full power) a bit like a 2kw fan heater and if one has gone then it doesn't hit its full temp any more. Its a theory anyway.. off to check the continuity between the elements..

Comment

Just tested and one element no continuity.. I think I *may* have found my problem

Comment

Sounds like you're on the right track

Comment

£40 down on a part if I'm wrong

Comment

I think it must be as the tenant said it kind of made a pop when she was using it and it went cold and she had to turn it up, so kind of ties in. obviously I should have tested it in eco mode to see if it got hot at all but forgot to do that and I'm back at the office now grrr

Comment

Try it again, both together!!! lol

Scouse.

Comment

I'd think carefully about it, as a brand new one from screwfix is not a great deal more than £40

Comment

Unless you have an expensive electric shower and the triton range is not then get a new one to replace it as buying parts for it can work out un cost affective

Comment

Originally posted by dunccoss View Post
                              Unless you have an expensive electric shower and the triton range is not then get a new one to replace it as buying parts for it can work out un cost affective
                              Defo buy a new shower you will end up spending more putting parts in

Comment

Working...
                              X