Big turbo conversion all done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big turbo conversion all done

Finally picked the car up today from SCS, after having my big turbo conversion, the car is like night & day now. Harvey and the team have done a great job on the car and it sounds and drives fantastic. With the big turbo conversion I have had the AP big brake kit fitted on the front and the big brake kit on the rear and a nice set of coil overs fitted as well. Thanks Harvey you have done a great job.

good to hear its done though

Comment

Good news bud! Norfolk meet at the end of the month 27th I think, can u make it?

Comment

Sounds good
        Get some pictures up

Comment

Originally posted by ben L View Post
          Good news bud! Norfolk meet at the end of the month 27th I think, can u make it?
          I will be there.

Comment

Couple of pics taken with my S**t phone, and car looks like s**t as well today. So it is off for a good detailing within the next couple of days.
            Attached Files

Comment

What power you running greens ect
              sigpic
              Mapped by MAD 732.4 bhp 570 lbs torque
              Swindon RSOC Chairman/RS Combe organiser

Comment

Originally posted by cossyking View Post
                What power you running greens ect
                It is now running with greens, 3 bar map sensor. Garret turbo with a smaller exhaust housing, modified outlet manifold to suit. And it is pushing around 350 BHP.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie RS View Post
                  It is now running with greens, 3 bar map sensor. Garret turbo with a smaller exhaust housing, modified outlet manifold to suit. And it is pushing around 350 BHP.
                  Nice road power then is it alot better than small tutbo as mines 305 bhp small turbo abd keep toying with changing
                  sigpic
                  Mapped by MAD 732.4 bhp 570 lbs torque
                  Swindon RSOC Chairman/RS Combe organiser

Comment

Originally posted by cossyking View Post
                    Nice road power then is it alot better than small tutbo as mines 305 bhp small turbo abd keep toying with changing
                    SCS done a great job, cant fault them at all. I am glad I have had the small converted to a big turbo. plenty more options now if I decide to go beyond its current power setting. gearbox is the next job, slight whine in second gear.

And it is certainly is a lot better than the small turbo now and with the smaller exhaust housing you don't notice any lag at all.

Comment

I was there today but I flew in and straight back out again so didn't see it sadly but I'm sure I saw it there a few weeks ago and it looked great

What ecu did they do for you in the conversion ?

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                          I was there today but I flew in and straight back out again so didn't see it sadly but I'm sure I saw it there a few weeks ago and it looked great

What ecu did they do for you in the conversion ?
                          They installed a webber L8 ECU

Comment

Your not hanging about Jason, cars looking good and sounds good what you have done to it, part of me would like to up the power on mine by someone like SCS or MA Developments, I just need time with it to see where I'm going to start.

Comment

Originally posted by seanyboy View Post
                              Your not hanging about Jason, cars looking good and sounds good what you have done to it, part of me would like to up the power on mine by someone like SCS or MA Developments, I just need time with it to see where I'm going to start.
                              Hi Seany, I had a full big turbo conversion, including ECU & Turbo change out, fuel pump change out, wasted spark. green injectors, 3 bar map sensor, modified outlet manifold, new loom. And a few other bits I have forgotten as well. Along with that most of the seals were changed underneath the car, full coil over kit and the 6 pot AP front brake kit, large discs on the rear as well.

Lots to get started with and to be honest it doesnt require any more power in my eyes. Just need to look at the gear box in the future as I have got a slight noise when I am in second gear. Not sure if is best to get it overhauled or look for an upgrade.

SCS done a cracking job, I will certainly be going back again.

Comment

Working...
                              X