Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble fitting stainless tank straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have trouble fitting stainless tank straps?

Anyone else have trouble fitting the stainless ones on. I've got the drivers side one on no problem but the passenger side one is being a right git. It just seems too far away to get the bolt in. Just wondered if anyone else struggled, I'm sure I'll get there in the end, I always do, but so many of the jobs seem to be a right pain in the RS.
    Cheers
    Trev.

I had the same problem but i just used a longer bolt.

Comment

standard ones are the same trev, its as though the tanks too big lol

Comment

At least it's not just me, I think I'll try a longer bolt too, it was driving me bonkers the other day.
        Cheers
        Trev.

Comment

Yeah had the same problem they are a pain to fit, as said I used longer bolt to get it going, nipped it up then put a pair of mole grips on so I could swap the bolts back to the shorter ones,

Comment

Is is something to do with the tank expanding with fuel fumes over the years do you think maybe

Comment

Originally posted by BUSYBOY View Post
              Is is something to do with the tank expanding with fuel fumes over the years do you think maybe
              I think its just aftermarket stuff that fits after you have to faff about with for a bit
              As said get a long bolt Trev to get started , you cant wind it right up as it will hit the floor but it will pull the buger into place
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, yes, I was thinking I couldn't put a mega long bolt in or it would hit the floor. Thanks for the tips guys. Good to know it's common.
                Cheers
                Trev.

Comment

Working...
                X