Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mint' overused?

Anyone else think its overused?

In general? When I see an advert now stating mint condition on ebay, car forums etc, i automatically assume that it isn't I was looking at some clio 182 wheels earlier, described as mint, but they were scratched in the pictures

Although mint may soon be replaced by the overused term 'barn find' very soon

The thing is my mint will be different to your mint & vice a versa, to some people mint is over used s##t, but to others it's something that's neather been painted or scratched with low miles or has been restored to a very good standard. Every one has a different view on mint sink always took it with a pinch of salt 😄😄
    sigpic

Comment

I totally agree. Mint should only be used to describe something that is in perfect condition.

Comment

concourse or dry stored gets used alot also

Comment

I hate mint, as everything I've ever seen describes as mint never has been

As Sparky says, concours is over used too. Ex concours is even worse
          XYZ Fabrications
          Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Ex concours is even worse
            true enough that

Comment

definatley, ex concourse is the most bleeted about term in the rs scene

Comment

I also like the term 'completely standard apart from........'

Comment

there are various stages of mint though....propa mint,minter,dead mint and then dicky mint being the best.
                  i used to love the adverts selling rs's where ex rsoc member owner was mentioned

Comment

oh and never been raced or rallied... yeh but its been rung and reshelled

Comment

^^^^ ha ha @ degrees of mint 'propa mint'

Comment

All of the above is very true indeed

Ex concourse is a bobby dazzler though. Surely it can't mean anything other than "it used to be like a brand new car but now it's fooked"

Comment

loads of new barn finds on ebay at the moment some of them just look like someone has chucked a full hoover bag of dust over the car

the UK will run out of barns at this rate.

Comment

its become a fashion thing like most With marketing... it "increase" the value for idiot buyers, that dont understand what it actually is...
                            www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I have a mint Clio 172 cup never raced or rallied , ex concourse barn find totally standard with track mods ( usual scratches and wear ) lol

Totally agree over use of any of above , ����
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X