No announcement yet.

Running issue (4000 rpm limit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it will be on here somewhere, but one of the plugs you mention will be pins 13-14 and ground, bridge these together while cycling the ign to go through the reset procedure.

this won't work if you have an als or lc file, so if you do this will have to be removed and another chip fitted to complete the reset, then plug the chip back in to run the car.
    Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

www.shop.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

To re set the memory, you must carefully follow the following procedure (with the engine stopped and at normal operating temperature):

1) Locate the memory re set plug inside the engine compartment and remove the red cover (if fitted). On right hand drive vehicles this can be found between the battery and front suspension top mounting. There are three diagnostic plugs here, (see photo), the circular plug is the memory-reset plug. (On some models, this shape of plug is used to alter the ignition timing for different octane fuel).

2) Prepare three pieces of wire to connect the three connections of this plug together. DO NOT CONNECT TO THE PLUG YET.

3) You will need help to complete this part of the operation. Turn on the ignition, as if to start the engine. (Operate any immobilisation systems etc.) DO NOT START THE ENGINE. You will hear the idle stabiliser valve click slowly (about once per second). As soon as the ignition is switched on, (but not before), connect your three pieces of wire to the plug sockets to inter-connect all three terminals. This must be done quickly, after the ignition is turned on, but before the fuel pump stops priming the engine. After about seven seconds, the idle stabiliser will stop clicking. After a further twenty or thirty seconds, the idle stabiliser will click extremely quickly, then return to clicking once per second. When this happens it signifies that the management system Kept Alive Memory is erased. Turn off the ignition, and remove your wires from the sockets. Re fit the red plug cover and return the diagnostic plugs to their original position. Do not worry if this doesn’t happen first time, you may find it necessary to carry out the erasure procedure at least twice until the operation completes as described.

4) The management system now has to re learn its idle and slow running strategies. Allow the engine to idle for three minutes, then increase the speed to 1200 RPM and hold for two further minutes.

The engine management system should complete its learning strategy after approximately 5 miles of varied driving.

Comment

Hi, I have the same symptoms. if they prove to be the lambda probe for me too, what is the best place to buy one? the bosch that msd sells is plug and play?

Comment

hi yo
          NTK OTD5F-3E1 0023
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?ss...=otd5f&_sop=15

Bought mine here http://www.carsparkplugs.com/1x-ngk-...f3e1-0023.html
          I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

A 3 wire Bosch Sensor will work fine, you will just have to re terminate a new connector onto the loom.

just remember black on the OE sensor is pin 2 Signal) i see lots with pin 2 used as ground due to the colour.

To use the bosch lambda you will need to weld a boss into the front pipe, as they are m18x1.5
            Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

thank you both, I will try to do a self-diagnosis to validate this failure. reading this topic I understand better why I could not do a reset of p8 with my new chip msd with anti lag and launch control also ....

Comment

It is not the lambda ......
                i have changed the spark plugs , the lambda and the chip .
                if i use 75 % of the throttle i can pass the 4000rpm but i have a break at 5000 rpm.
                if i put 100% of the throttle i have a big detonation aroud 4500 rpm and after the ecu is in limp mode.
                the problem is appeared since i put a chip MSD with anti lag and launch control , iscv modified and throttle body 2wd modified .
                when the car was at my mechanic man , it seems to be ok at neutral but when i drive the car on the road the problem is appeared.
                i recover my TPS to put on the throttle 2wd modified , the problem can come from here ?.

Comment

I dont realise the reset of the ecu , it can come from here ?

Comment

You will have to reset the ECU if changing to a Motorsport Developments chip as they use the proper adaption.
                    Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

I a little had time to look at the cosworth today. I made an autodiagnosis and I have a code 13. Tomorrow I change sensor phase, cap distributor , rotor arms and I make a reset ecu .
                      i got my fingers crossed .....

Comment

finally it was ignition leads HT

Comment

Working...
                        X