Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

Hi everyone,

Last Thursday 8th October I dropped my 07 Mondeo ST TDCi into my local ford dealership as it had gone into limp mode and I wanted them to find out what was wrong.

I had to ring them on Friday for an update to which nothing had been done.

Weekend passed and I, again rang for an update on Monday 12th October. Was told that they had found the problem and it was a fuel pressure valve and would cost and eye watering £588! Ouch!

Anyway I said its fine to do the work and to let me know once sorted.

Today, Tuesday 13th October I rand again for an update... Was on hold for 10 minutes and then was told the great news that they had fitted the part but the problem still remains.

I was then asked if it was ok for them to change the fuel and air filter. Well I had previously changed the air filter myself about 2 months ago so knew for a fact it didn't need replacing but fuel filter fine change it. I added that I've read into problems with these cars and how they need to have a diesel leak off test done before anything. I was assured that had been done. I then said that I can't afford to keep throwing money at a list of 'could be' problems until we find the culprit.

What I need help with is.... Do I still have to pay the £588 for the valve thing even though it has not solved the problem?

Hope you can help

Billy

Follow me on Instagram @billy_rs

NO id tell them to put the old one back as its clear there nothing wrong with it
    sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

I wouldn't of took it to a main dealer personally. I find a genuine good garage is far better

Comment

But I went to a couple garages I've used before but they couldn't pin point the problem because the codes were so vague. So I thought best to go direct to ford

Comment

We had the same with BMW on our mini they changed several parts until they found the problem
          Helen was told it would cost £469 but ended up at £782
          She complained & they refunded £50 as good will gesture

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Mate I've worked on more mondeos than I can shake a stick at and I've never had to change a fuel pressure reg! Do you know what dtc,s were present? Is it a 2.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_RS View Post
              But I went to a couple garages I've used before but they couldn't pin point the problem because the codes were so vague. So I thought best to go direct to ford
              They should be looking at what the sensor is doing not just a fault code thats the clowns way of doing it.

Mark

Comment

You will still have to pay, they will probably just give you a filter or something else at discount price

Comment

So I was thinking of saying something along the lines of:

"I'm not Paying for something that wasn't even wrong in the first place, you may aswell out the old one back on and I'll pay for the labour"

Comment

Tricky one mate, I've stopped using our main dealer now because they're just charlatans, they mucked around with my old Cossie not know what they were doing basically and then charged me a fortune for work that was ultimately wrongly diagnosed. I'd rather use a garage I trust locally, they always tell you what they're up to and they've been doing it a long time, not just young kids who don't know what they're doing half the time and are paid peanuts so they don't care. What narks me is they pay their staff peanuts too, and their labour rates are astronomical.
                    Cheers
                    Trev.

Comment

I knew going through a dealer would ultimately mean more expense, but I believed they would have the knowledge and could solve the problem. So as far as I'm concerned, they can that valve thing off and put mine back on. Then find the actual problem.

Just to add, I asked for an update today and was promised one.... It's ten to eight now so I guess that ain't happening either

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_RS View Post
                        I knew going through a dealer would ultimately mean more expense, but I believed they would have the knowledge and could solve the problem. So as far as I'm concerned, they can that valve thing off and put mine back on. Then find the actual problem.

Just to add, I asked for an update today and was promised one.... It's ten to eight now so I guess that ain't happening either
                        Hello mate

What dealer is it???

Cheers

Comment

Hartwell in Dunstable

Comment

Normally I'd say you'd be very lucky to even get discount based on them fitting parts that might not have been needed. When they phone for authorisation and you give it, that's usually them covered albeit I know what you're trying to say that it turned out to not be the actual / sole problem.

However given that they seem to be arsing you about in terms of updates and adequate customer service, I'd get in touch with Ford UK. Explain your case in a polite and factual manner with times & dates of what was discussed and promised on their part and let them contact the dealership. On occasion they have been known to be (very) generous with covering parts or labour in different scenarios as good will.

Comment

Originally posted by G4ost View Post
                              Normally I'd say you'd be very lucky to even get discount based on them fitting parts that might not have been needed. When they phone for authorisation and you give it, that's usually them covered albeit I know what you're trying to say that it turned out to not be the actual / sole problem.

However given that they seem to be arsing you about in terms of updates and adequate customer service, I'd get in touch with Ford UK. Explain your case in a polite and factual manner with times & dates of what was discussed and promised on their part and let them contact the dealership. On occasion they have been known to be (very) generous with covering parts or labour in different scenarios as good will.
                              I agree.

Also if I am going to a ford dealer around here it is john r ford. Much nicer atmosphere. More friendly and a local small dealer. Rather than a large chain that aren't interested.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X