Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for interest, what do people think my car is worth as is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for interest, what do people think my car is worth as is?

I'm interested to know what people think my car is worth as is, it would have to be sold as an unfinished project but I've listed what I think there is to do at the end and it's really not much, I know it would be worth a lot more finished so you don't need to tell me that, but just give me a ballpark as is.

Here's a rough spec.

• 1996 N registered, believed to be one of the last 100 built after talking to Dave.
    • Radiant red.
    • 36k miles with every mot until it was taken off the road in 2009. Full history up to that point. SORNed since but loads of bills for parts etc I’ve bought.
    • 4 previous owners.
    • Morrette twin headlight conversion.
    • Creative Carbon matt carbon stone deflector, splitter and hockeysticks.
    • New aftermarket amber front indicators
    • Nice Leather trim
    • Polished 1/18 Engels alloys. Brand new 5th Engel as spare (with cover).
    • 6 Pot AP red brakes brand new.
    • AP 355mm front disks and pads.
    • Brand new standard rear callipers.
    • Hybrid turbo and 305bhp ahmed conversion.
    • Spec R header tank and mirror image breather tank painted satin black.
    • GGR large cone filter and adapter.
    • Black silicone hoses.
    • Mongoose stainless exhaust.
    • Koni adjustable shocks painted satin black.
    • GGR lowering springs.
    • Solid rear mounts.
    • Uprated beam mount
    • Stainless tank straps
    • Braided brake hoses all round.
    • Alpine IDA X300 head unit.
    • Honda S2000 starter button
    • Uprated Kenwood door speakers with 165mm adapters.
    • Twin A-pillar pod with Pro-sport digital water and oil temp gauges.
    • Just completed underside resto. Including painting floor, inner rear arches, suspension, brake and fuel lines etc etc, and waxoyled in all the right places. Lots of parts replaced with new ones and high tensile bolts etc.
    • Refurbed rear shafts
    • New front shafts.
    • Some poly bushing and some other bushes replaced with new standard ushes.
    • New arb bushes and clamps.
    • Classic Additions cover could go with it.

There's probably other bits I've forgotten, but this is the main stuff I think.

What I think it needs (a lot of this is just checks rather than needing any parts:

• Check fuel lines and filter.
    • Check brake lines and bleed brakes.
    • Check suspension including rollbars.
    • Check and fix power steering (I've got the pump, just not done it yet).
    • Tracking check due to new suspension and track rods.
    • Service including new plugs and oil change.
    • Front pipe of exhaust fitting, I've not done this because it hasn't got a CAT in it, and I was/am going to buy one and have it welded in before fitting.

So there you go, go on then folks, give me rough guesses. Actually I'd be interested in what you think it would be worth now, and when finished.

Not got many pics since it's been back on the ground, but here's one.

Cheers
    Trev.

I'd personally get it finished and it will command a good price, looks a lovely car. With the prices of some of the crap out there for sale I'd say 35k all day long.
    sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Thanks for that answer mate, I'm just musing at the moment as I seem to be getting into different things and it's just sitting at the moment. But I'm definitely interested in people's opinions.
      Oh yes, it's definitely a nice one, well I think so anyway....
      Cheers
      Trev.

Comment

Il give you 10k I would say its worth 25k way it sits now if not more as £500-£1000 would finish it it could be worth alot more just depend on how quick you wnat it gone mate

Comment

Thanks Andy.
          Cheers
          Trev.

Comment

worth more in red.

for all my tuning needs i use Turbosystems 07587188434. ask for tony

Comment

I would say 45k trev cause mine has done the same mileage, same colour, and I wanted to ask the same question with my

Comment

A would give it to a trusted garage to finish and mot etc then it's ready for sale for whatever you want for it

That's what I did with mine at the time did all the work and needed a thermostat , bled , a power steering leek sorted , 4 tyres changed a general spanner check and mot and a friend did all for £70 and the price of the mot

Was just what a was needing as a had ran out of motivation

Comment

Originally posted by fordrs2005 View Post
                  A would give it to a trusted garage to finish and mot etc then it's ready for sale for whatever you want for it

That's what I did with mine at the time did all the work and needed a thermostat , bled , a power steering leek sorted , 4 tyres changed a general spanner check and mot and a friend did all for £70 and the price of the mot

Was just what a was needing as a had ran out of motivation
                  To be honest that's exactly what I've been thinking recently mate.
                  Cheers
                  Trev.

Comment

Wont take much to sort out Trev, get this done and you will get a bettr response from people interested in a nice low milage car.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                      Wont take much to sort out Trev, get this done and you will get a bettr response from people interested in a nice low milage car.
                      I haven't decided either way Dave, but it doesn't get used and I'm doing different things now, so I wonder if it might be time for a change.......
                      Cheers
                      Trev.

Comment

Originally posted by TREVCOS View Post
                        To be honest that's exactly what I've been thinking recently mate.
                        Even if you get it all done and on the road you may change your mind to keep it but atleast it's then ready for whatever you decide

Comment

Some nice offers will get your mind made up.

Dave.

Comment

As daft as it sounds I'd say selling as an unfinished project you'd be looking at £25k ish. If it were me I'd take a week off work, spend the money it needs and then you're looking nearer the £35k mark like jaicossie says
                            sigpic

Comment

Id say 20 ish as is,but a hell of a lot more done finished,and I put it at that money because some ones got to come have it picked up or trailerd away can't drive it, spend money on it and get it done,as said doesn't want much but my much your much and someone else's much are all diffrent,so if I was you I'd get it done and use it but that's my 2 ps worth,
                              And by the way things are you may well be up middle thirtys if not high,
                              But like me I've thought about selling but if I do I'll never ever be able to afford one again
                              So I'd think long and hard about were you go from here
                              But it up to you whatever you decide

Comment

Working...
                              X