Sheds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheds

I'm after buying a 8x12 shed to store my motorbike, garden stuff and cossie bits. Then the garage will solely be for the Escos.

Main question is what's best to put a shed on if I don't want a concrete base? Just think it's a bit much.

Also if anyone knows of any decent places that sell them, I'd be most appreciative.

Any wisdom welcome!

Thanks
    Alex
    sigpic

Without doubt it's best to put a shed on a concrete base but you could sit it on paving slabs instead. As with any building, the better the ground is prepared the longer it will last. If you do put slabs down and don't have a decent sub base then the ground might move and will destroy your shed.

As for buying one, there are loads of cheap kits on the net, they serve a purpose but if you want something to last then consider making it yourself or ask a local fencing manufacturer to build one for you.

Comment

I bought a plastic one from Costco. Not cheap but no maintenance and just laid a slab base for it. My old one needed stained every year and reroofed after the last storm, this one at most gets a quick power wash

Comment

I did one a few years ago 4m x 4m and put it on a decking base that was supported by 4x4 posts and 4x2 rails.

I bought all the timber for 500 quid and built it myself.

I did have just a few photos that I'll see if I can find later.

Comment

Just seen this on E-BAY, might be worth a thought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHED-BASE-...T8FhqvDDiwDdKQ
          Cheers
          Trev.

Comment

http://www.malverntimberframedbuildings.co.uk/

This place is good mate, my brothers just had one installed by them, good quality aswell.

Comment

I built my last one, but the one before I used concrete fence posts levelled on bricks following the outline of the floor with another 4 or 5 laying through the middle to support the center of the floor.

Worked really well as it raised the shed floor from the ground, there was done serious weight and tools in there also as it was a workshop with a double layered floor.

When I dismantled it after 7yrs the floor was and supports were like new.

Comment

I brought a cd off e-bay with all number of sizes and designs and how to build them and just tweaked the build as I went along. 10 x10 shed with concrete base, shiplap timber, ply lined and double glazed window cost me just over £500 and took me about 20 hours. Still sweet and only 1 coat of varnish 8 yrs later. 👍

Comment

Ask Ben on here - he did the mother of all shed builds a few years ago

Comment

I dug over a 100 hundred 9" diameter concrete pillars and then built this. I wanted the timber off the floor and air to circulate to ensure it lasts. I give it a paint every 2 years and only takes a day
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
                      I dug over a 100 hundred 9" diameter concrete pillars and then built this. I wanted the timber off the floor and air to circulate to ensure it lasts. I give it a paint every 2 years and only takes a day

Now that is one damn fine looking building!

Comment

Working...
                      X