T34with gtx wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T34with gtx wheel

Is a t34 "upgrade" gtx billett wheel, and cutback blades a good turbo and why, and why not? Have a broken t34 needing New chra, so considering to try one of these.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

This is what i considering... Not bad price to "save" my turbo...

https://www.turborebuild.co.uk/websh...ered-seal.html

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

I've got the exact one from Turbo rebuild done 1300 miles on a stage 1, 800 miles of that at running it pace. Now done 250 miles on a stage 3+. Spools up 500 rpm before standard t34 but that's probably something to do with my head being ported and bd14 cam. Running fine at 380 and 32.8 psi peak but runs out of steam on dyno after 4k not holding boost. Not really a problem for me as peak power and torque reached at 4k on mine. Obviously not a very long term test up to now but turbo seems OK, will have to see about its durability over time.

Comment

Nice thanx. I think i will try one then, and see whats happens.

Comment

Interesting turbo. But would you require a different map compared to a standard T34?

'90 Cosworth 4x4
            '91 2.9 24v RWD Ghia

Comment

For optimal, IT should have live map, but minimum a check/adjustment of afr..

Comment

Definitely a full setup required, Stu at Msd spent all day on mine to get the best out of it.

Comment

I will eventually test IT on mine, its on its way over here now, but will take some time before the car is ready for IT,since car is in bits... That maybe end up running grpa setup with als so might be a short run... Gearbox or turbo first?

Comment

Working...
                  X