• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tinshaw View Post
    What calipers are they??
    They are Compbrake 6 pots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesley P. View Post
      You got Classics to fit over 350mm/6 pots?!?! Nice!

I've been doing some research on the two tyres sizes (255/245), over here there is a lot more manufacturer options for the 255's however there is an 8-10 pound difference between the two.
      Just something else to consider.
      I think the reason for the availability being better on the 255 is because BMW's use them!

Comment

• I've just returned from my mates tyre shop. I said I'd share my findings once I'd tried serious size tyres.

Anyway, classic wheels with standard suspension, 235/45/18 is a very standard size, just about fit and look very standard. You literally have 1mm clearance between the tyre and the cup on the shock. This made the 18's look the same as 16's as there was a lot of tyre but the arches were filled better than with standard wheels/tyres. If I were running these tyres I would also fit a 10mm spacer.

255/35/18, fitted to most 3 series bmw's so loads of tyres to choose from. Slightly smaller overall than the above so provided about 5mm clearance between the tyre and the cup on the shock. This is what I'll be fitting, probably Toyo R888R. Requires no spcer and the 255 fits the wheel very nicely. This gave the car a very modern look.

Also tried other sizes but they were not so good and some sizes were hard to get in certain makes. Won't allow me to upload pics from my phone but will try later on the computer.

Comment

• good info, the 255/35 is virtually identical to the orig rolling radius,if you fit 235/45 then they are way bigger so the speedo will be well out

Comment

• Originally posted by Clipper49 View Post
            I've just returned from my mates tyre shop. I said I'd share my findings once I'd tried serious size tyres.

Anyway, classic wheels with standard suspension, 235/45/18
            235/45 was never considered as an option for these wheels as it is much taller than original causing fitment issues.

245/35 and 255/35 were the choices considered.
            Cheers
            John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• mine are 255 Toyo R 888.

Comment

• What tyre pressures is everyone going to use on the 255/35 tyres? My fitter has used 36psi on the front and 34 psi on the back

Comment

• Looks like most go with the 255, damn wide!! hehe

Comment

• Any suggestion on tires? I am running currently Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 but they are not available on 255/35/18!
                    Last edited by SAGO; 28-03-2017, 12:17:09.

"If in doubt, flat out" Colin McRae for ever..."

Comment

• B.A.D coilovers with 6 pot AP's with 362 discs

Nothing touches having tyres fitted next week continental 235 40 18's

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Why 235/40/18

Comment

• Originally posted by cosman View Post
                            Why 235/40/18
                            Ive already got 235/40/18 fitted on the Th's

Had 235/40/18 on a 9j wheel on my evo

Attached Files

Comment

• Put up some photos will be interesting to see what the stretch is like

Comment

• Originally posted by cosman View Post
                                Put up some photos will be interesting to see what the stretch is like
                                They should be fitted next week & will post some pics up aslong as I get hold of the right wheel nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X