18" New Escos wheels fitted Pictures thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedaf2 View Post
    Just tried mine and they fit fine. I have 350mm Compbrake but one thing to note is that my bells are inset by around 10mm.
    Your bell acts like a built in spacer, if they were flat like most I think you'd be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper49 View Post

Maybe to you, but then i think cossys covered in chrome and other Halfords shite look gash. It's each to their own.
      cant beat a standard one although i dont mind seeing one with a few tastefull mods still

Comment

Links to template and General Info from Jan's signature

http://www.tigerworx.nl/images/cartboard.pdf
        http://www.tigerworx.nl/folder.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper49 View Post

Maybe to you, but then i think cossys covered in chrome and other Halfords shite look gash. It's each to their own.
          Not a fan of chrome myself but each to their own as you say....i'm sure once you have them fitted you'll put the pictures up and prove me wrong

Comment

Right I have tried my big brake wheel and it fit as the sample one did with about 3mm of clearance I have ap 6pots CP5555 and 8 mm bells if that helps anyone
            Attached Files

Comment

Hope this helps
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Steve that's a relief, so what could be wrong?

On the big brake version I opened here, it measures the same as the original sample

Comment

It'll be the bell or brackets they're not all the same.... It's obviously holding the caliper too forward... On said persons.... It won't be the wheels...

Comment

is it possible to get the bracket round the wrong way?

Comment

I'm pretty sure on my brackets (Reyland iirc) it is possible to get the brackets the wrong way round.

The caliper will still fit but doesn't fit central over the disc so it sticks out further on one side, it might be worth checking.
                      XYZ Fabrications
                      Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by cosman View Post
                        Right I have tried my big brake wheel and it fit as the sample one did with about 3mm of clearance I have ap 6pots CP5555 and 8 mm bells if that helps anyone
                        Thanks for that, looks like there's plenty of room
                        XYZ Fabrications
                        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Thing is dave there's so many brake suppliers and they're bell/bracket design differ so as 90 percent maybe fine as you say if the bell or brackets differ to most then it may put the caliper in the wrong position... I know of at least 5 different companies selling ap kits all machined by different people...

Comment

I have to say from an engineering point 3mm of clearance between caliper and wheel is not enough.

There will be tolerances built into the Hub, caliper brackets, drive flange, disc bell and the caliper itself, be on the wrong side of these and you will get contact.

With heat the caliper will expand and will contact the wheel.

Comment

slap some spacers on and you should be fine
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                                slap some spacers on and you should be fine
                                How is that even still standing

Comment

Working...
                                X