is it still possible to build an Escos from a bare shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
    If a high miler feels worn and loose surely it's will be due to bushes and other consumables wearing.
    replace these parts and all will be good again.
    The focus I use to get to work now has 90k on and still feels great.
    i deffo wouldn't build another car to hold miles off my current one, just use and abuse it.
    The shell itself will Eventually be soften by "stress"...

And sure you can build one from bare shell, but IT cost, and as Said its actually all the smal details/parts that nobody kept when a car was broken that enda up as huge problem finding... The most " big" parts can we even get New(atleast alternativ), but much of the smaler things you dont Even think about is a problem finding, is what enda up as hardest parts...
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

If the shell softens due to stress then why would the used shell you would be building all the new parts onto be any different?

Comment

If the shell softens due to stress then why would the used shell you would be building all the new parts onto be any different?
        I guesed IT would be one of remaining New or almost new 909 shells, or IT would still be a genuine escos, and out from first post i thougt IT was build from unregisted shell? Maybe i missread? But yes if buildt on a high milage used shell IT would be same, unless its a bare metall redo of entire shell to get all possible back to almost New condition.

Edit...
        Yes read again... If buildt on old shell IT will be "same" but New 909 would be difrent...

Comment

That's what I mean, may as well re fresh all the joints/ parts that move on current car and not worry about the mileage.

Comment

All right I will come clean. I've seen my old/shell car back on ebay as a bare shell...............Now can you see why is a bit more complicated and not just about money or miles. It also the reason I got a Yellow card off the missus. I would love to build her back into a road going clubby gpN car( not the missus I might add) but its just a bare shell.
            In come Cozzfather..................waiting.............lo l
            sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
            www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Agree on that. But sametime i do understand him 100%. If have one that he whants to keep "perfect", then a more self buildt with more personal chosen parts, wich is more of a use and abuse without same fear if destroying some on IT, since its more " none genuine" and easier acsess for replacnent service parts... To keep a car 100% genuine is whats hard now, keep IT running with more none genuine setup/parts is much easier

Comment

Do it you never have too many cossie

Comment

I don't think Franks current car is standard though?
                  i could understand if it was 100% standard car but I don't think it is.
                  also even if you modify parts you can always swap it all back

Comment

I don't think Franks current car is standard though?
                    i could understand if it was 100% standard car but I don't think it is.
                    also even if you modify parts you can always swap it all back
                    Far from it Dan, pretty much standard inside but quite a lot of shiny stuff on it and aftermarket running gear brakes etc modded engine etc etc .Post number #20 gives it away why I ask. I might have been tempted to re-build my old shell with the aftermarket stuff on my Escos as I have it now and return my Escos to completely standard. My old shell has been removed from the EBAY listing anyhow so I won't get the Red card from Lorraine and it's all academic now anyways. Still interesting to know though. I supposem one day you wont be able to buy the obscure things for these cars for love nor money.
                    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X