Grilles Refresh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilles Refresh ?

Got these bits off as looking pretty skanky and tired ! What have people done to succesfully restore them ? I could rub them down by hand but life's too short and i know i'll get bored lol......so i guess blasting may be an option, but then what ? paint, powder coat, plastic dip

Jules I gave my bottom grill to the powder coasters, they blasted it then coated it in satin black

The fog light grills just a light rub down and blow over with a rattle can

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
      Jules I gave my bottom grill to the powder coasters, they blasted it then coated it in satin black

.....and has the powder coat been ok ? Bit worried about it being brittle and cracking when putting the clips back on

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post

.....and has the powder coat been ok ? Bit worried about it being brittle and cracking when putting the clips back on
        u wont break the powdercoat no worries
        sigpic

Comment

Was fine Jules the bit that contacts the grill is smooth.
          Didnt coat the fog light grills as they have plastic on.
          Thinking about it that plasticoat rattle can stuff would be spot on for the fog grills

Comment

Better find me a local powder coater then Shame about the 500 grilles....I guess the plastic bit won't survive the oven they may have to be a diy job

Comment

I had my lower grille blasted and powder coated about 6 years ago. Yes the clips do rub the powdercoat a bit, but it still looks fine now.

Dave

Comment

The plastic sections of the 500 grilles are rivetred to their main metal plate and could be silmply refited using the rivets painted black. Side dependant, so be careful, as they won't align properly if mounted wrong.
                This refers to the original grilles, don't know if also to the copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post

Same as this, powder coated

Comment

Working...
                  X