No announcement yet.

tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not seen a cosworth do 0-62 in 2.5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon T View Post
      I've not seen a cosworth do 0-62 in 2.5 seconds.
      But does the tesla do that everytime in real life? i talked with pepole that was on 201m in bergen last year, and IT was allot of teslas on that drag, and all performed "identical", yes they where " quickis" but not line they beat all the petrolcars...
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Hang on, i'm talking about on the road - not track. Tesla have to give real world road figures, so it will have done that quoted figure a lot in order for marketing conformity to be correct when selling otherwise they get sued for selling something that doesn't match what was quoted.

Show me a cosworth on road tyres on normal tarmac that will do a sub 3 second 0-60 time in, time out.

Comment

I understand what you talk about, but many cars that is sold with datas that dont tell tge truth, its all about how they use the law, to get away with unrealistic datas...

Yes, but here is drag, and that must be "optimal" condition for the tesla to perform? If not perform on drag, where will IT perform then?
          www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

To put it into context, on road i've been in a Mercedes SLR (557 HP and 720 Nm) and a Tesla (910 Nm) - in real road conditions the Tesla was quicker, although of course the tesla is AWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon T View Post
              Show me a cosworth on road tyres on normal tarmac that will do a sub 3 second 0-60 time in, time out.
              It is a question of drivetrain upgrades.
              Cheers
              John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

Not every Model S or X comes with the "Ludicrous Speed" option (that is the official Tesla name for it); it is a fairly pricy option. And, of course, using it pulls a significant percentage of the battery charge. However, it only takes a few taps on the big-ass touch screen and Mr. Everyman is a stoplight drag racing hero by just mashing the accelerator.

Comment

Working...
                X