RSOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSOC

Was just wondering who is a member of the RS owners club on here, mine is up for renewal, it's £90 for 3 years, been a member about 12 years but tbh I don't go on the forum, there has been loads of changes, apparently not for the better, still like the rallye news magazine which is every 2 months , a majority of the shows are a long way from my home, I know you can sort valuations through them , but that's about it, just in two minds if I want to renew or not, what do you guy's think !!!

i was a member for about 20 odd yrs but ive not bothered since last time,my membership had expired and it was 6 months later before i renewed it and they carried it on from the expiry date,so i paid for a yr and got 6 months so they can stuff that the sites useless and dead anyway

Comment

Been a member over 25 year and nearly didn't renew this year , the clubs falling to pieces , it needs some tender loving care at the moment

Comment

I shall not be investing, haven't for many years, IM OUT!

Comment

Not me either, wast of money

Comment

I was refraining from commenting lol

its a sad sight to see but it appears to be on a downward spiral and there's some rather not nice rumours circulating about a screenshot of a conversation between a committee member and a senior figure at Ford that's been leaked out.

the site is dead, the Facebook page is pretty much on lock down, rallye news isn't anything like what it was although I don't doubt nick does the best with what he has.

Its not great just now.

Comment

I'm a Rsoc member.
              only renewed to be in mancs group,
              the Rsoc have run away any passionate member now a days ,with over modding of the web site,infact everything about the Rsoc has changed and not for the better.
              if i didn't need to I would not renew my membership as I'm defo not a proud member of the Rsoc anymore that's for sure.
              the only good thing is Paul shitfoot is no longer involved.

Comment

Spill the beans chris

Comment

Been a member for 31 years and it so so bad now, to many people have there head up there own arse.

Comment

Got no idea what has been going on in there over the pasr few years however i think its a club that we all need to support and keep going for the sake of the RS cars.

feel a bit for the amount of really good people in there that have made it what it was and have been pushed aside and trampled on so others can get their own way.

i have not got a clue how the club can try and get back valuble members it once had that work hard over the years.

Dave.

Comment

Dave it would help if they listened to the members more

I'm surprised nobody has tried starting another club up.

Comment

Dave it speaks wonders when there's plenty of new mk3 focus rs models out there that the club has only maintained membership numbers.

I can't help but think that as people are walking through the front door for one or two year memberships all the long term members are walking out the back door.

im signed up til 2021 but as firthy says I've only done it to be with my lads in my local group.

Pm me your number firthy lol

Comment

It is a shame I've been a member on and off for 20 odd years and wouldn't have hesitated renewing years ago but there's no appeal to rejoin now.

Comment

Originally posted by radiant rob View Post
                            Dave it would help if they listened to the members more

I'm surprised nobody has tried starting another club up.
                            why will they not listen to people then?

can they not see what is happening to the club, all the hard work over the years by all past committee members and ordinary members.

As for another club....the RSOC is established all over the world and I cannot see another club being anywhere near what the rsoc is or was.

Maybe that's been the solution to the rsoc's problem, just make our own club, website etc...instead of sorting it out and having one big club again, too many fractions of the rsoc.

I can understand why people have did what they have in sorting out clubs for themselves, forums sites as well, however imo we still need the RSOC in place to keep the RS marque going, imo.

Dave.

Comment

Totally agree with you but the crap that has gone on behind closed doors and what at least one registrar did was very naughty.

Comment

Working...
                              X