Escos rear speaker size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escos rear speaker size

Hi all just in the process of upgrading all speakers in car. Could you please tell me if rear speakers are 5x7 and are they a straight fit or do I need adapters.

​​​​​​I've brought 165mm front speakers and adapters just unsure of rears.

Cheers Liam

I bought some 5X7 to replace the rears, and i will need to mod the existing housing to get them in as they are a bit bigger than the OEM's, offered them up but not had chance to try and fit them properly yet.

Comment

What size are the fronts guys?
      i have focals in the front and think they are just mids, way to much bass and rattle the door cards etc and can see no tweeter so looking to change them.

Comment

The diameter of the original front speakers is 12cm Dan.
        There are some adapters for 13cm, and 16,5cm speakers on the market.
        I am now trying to sort the front speakers out too. I have adapters for 16,5cm, but will probably go for some 13's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
          What size are the fronts guys?
          i have focals in the front and think they are just mids, way to much bass and rattle the door cards etc and can see no tweeter so looking to change them.
          You need to Dynamat the door ! Bit of a waste of money fitting expensive speakers without doing Dynamat

Comment

Hmm if I have focals I guess they could be on adaptors and non standard size?
            Not sure if it’s the speakers as it’s a rattle/ distorted type sound so I don’t tend to turn the volume up that loud.
            dynamat weights too much

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
              Hmm if I have focals I guess they could be on adaptors and non standard size?
              Not sure if it’s the speakers as it’s a rattle/ distorted type sound so I don’t tend to turn the volume up that loud.
              dynamat weights too much
              My doors are full of Dynamat.....not that heavy, i can always eat a bit less before going for a drive lol. I've got Focals too....sound great but cost about £400, ouch ! They were the best choice though as had a really slim magnet....anything else decent i tried the window wouldn't go down as it hit the magnet I cut the tweeter into the metal mesh of the door card speaker cover......

Comment

Working...
              X