No announcement yet.

Center caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarox 6 pot 305mm do with 5mm spacers but ther´s not much space..

Comment

6 Pot Hi-spec with 305mm discs do also without spacers..

Comment

Originally posted by so cossie View Post
        Was only going to put them in the loft with a set of wheels till I want to change the look of the car.

Whats the bigest brakes that fit under the standard wheels ?
        Reyland used to do a 305 kit that used AP 4 pots
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I'm currently looking into getting one of my 16" wheel caps scanned & printed.
          Stand by.

Comment

Let us know how you get on Billy, but Jan who did the reps with centre caps can get them made also, just touched base with him to get some costs

Comment

Hi Ben,
              Here's my answer from the 1st SF based company I contacted. No wonder these caps are going for so much used !!!

"Hi Billy,
              Thank you for contacting Moddler.
              Would it be possible to have you send an image of the back side of the cap so we can see what that looks like for scanning?
              For printing, in order to get you a final cost, we would first need the scan file to calculate the build materials required. But I can at least provide an estimate.
              If you are looking for a quantity of 20-30, the best option would be to 3d print a master for molding and casting. The final parts would need to be color matched and painted.
              You could be looking at around $1-2K for scanning and about the same for printing. Molding and casting 20-30 could be as much as $5-7K, depending on the casting material and painting option.
              Let me know if that seems like something that would be possible given the budget for the project.
              Thanks!"

Comment

Originally posted by BillyEdmonds View Post
                Hi Ben,
                Here's my answer from the 1st SF based company I contacted. No wonder these caps are going for so much used !!!

"Hi Billy,
                Thank you for contacting Moddler.
                Would it be possible to have you send an image of the back side of the cap so we can see what that looks like for scanning?
                For printing, in order to get you a final cost, we would first need the scan file to calculate the build materials required. But I can at least provide an estimate.
                If you are looking for a quantity of 20-30, the best option would be to 3d print a master for molding and casting. The final parts would need to be color matched and painted.
                You could be looking at around $1-2K for scanning and about the same for printing. Molding and casting 20-30 could be as much as $5-7K, depending on the casting material and painting option.
                Let me know if that seems like something that would be possible given the budget for the project.
                Thanks!"
                they are taking the piss, get a quote from the community on Shapeways, you will need to create an account, you can then post the job to get it re-modlled by their on line community.

Comment

you would need to sell a lot of sets to make that worthwhile and its a pretty ltd market really,shame

Comment

Best bet will be to get them made by the 18" wheel replica lot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                      you would need to sell a lot of sets to make that worthwhile and its a pretty ltd market really,shame
                      Haha, I'd be selling them for the rest of my life

Comment

I have spoken to a guy on Facebook who did the xr2 and xr3 ones. He said if I can get him one to scan he could try

Comment

Screenshot
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wilwood do a 6pt conversion that goes behind the standard wheels using 305mm disks - bloody expensive though!

Comment

I spoke to a guy doing 3D printing and scanning, he was doing small 3 door and RS 500 parts. Asked him about the centre caps for the 16” wheels and he said unless you want to order thousands it would be a no-go. He never said a price but he said he priced up a battery cover and it would cost 450 quid to do it. That’s why he reckons the centre caps,would be big cash to do.

Comment

hi
                                a mate sell them 300 euro + shipping they are new In their original packaging.
                                Attached Files
                                I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

Working...
                                X