Garage build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage build

Hopefully sometime in the near future I知 going to be building s new garage, nothing fancy just standard concrete block that will be rough casted.
    I知 looking for recommendations for reputable companies for garage doors. Ideally I壇 like a sectional electric one or a roller one. Anybody have any advice on either of those types. Price wise I知 not looking to pay anymore than around 」7/800.

Get a up and over door with 4 point locking, garador are good as are other companies
    but you only get what you pay for.

Comment

Gumtree, i bought a brand new door off a new build for 」200, was still in protective wrapping

Comment

What size Calum? Iv been on there a Facebook etc, single doors are common as muck but getting one over 3 metres is rare. Should have said in original post I知 looking for one about 3.5m

Comment

high or wide?

Comment

i have used these guys and if you want to see a door pop past my work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRIC-...UAAOSw7eFZzjqZ

Comment

Though not completely relevant to your post I have just finished installing a sold steel telescopic bollard just on the inside of the
              garage. Once the cars in position it pulls up out the ground and locks into position. Semi commercial and 」400.00 but well worth the money. Might be worth considering at the build stage?

Comment

Had my garage done this year , can keep it at home know nice and warm
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by So-worth-it View Post
                  Though not completely relevant to your post I have just finished installing a sold steel telescopic bollard just on the inside of the
                  garage. Once the cars in position it pulls up out the ground and locks into position. Semi commercial and 」400.00 but well worth the money. Might be worth considering at the build stage?
                  Yes mate, I知 very interested in that, any pics and info would be appreciated.

Comment

My new build
                    Attached Files

Comment

would defo consider insulation, both sectional and roller shutter doors are available with different grade/thickness insulation and all round draught proofing, sectional doors are available up to 7 metres. The better quality doors have extra security features that are police/security approved, wouldn't go cheap if keeping yout pride and joy there

Comment

The make of the bollard was called Rhino from Bollards Direct. Really good service and clear installation instructions. Sort of get what you pay for but well worth the investment. What with that, garage alarm, Cat 1 and steering disc lock can't do much more!

Comment

My door is 4m wide, securaglide unit, insulated etc, inside is 25m kingspan, plaster boarded etc, upstairs again the same

Comment

out of interest how much was the securaglide roller door
                            Cheers Mat

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                              My door is 4m wide, securaglide unit, insulated etc, inside is 25m kingspan, plaster boarded etc, upstairs again the same
                              That's a good door with police and insurance approval, the thing to remember with all the real cheap roller doors out there is that they are extremely easy to force entry, wont say how on here, but suffice to say that the better quality insulated roller shutter doors have security sliders and interlock so that the slats cannot come out

Comment

Working...
                              X