E85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85

Wondering if anyone has run their car on E85 & what the experience has been. I'm considering it but from what I can tell I'm going to need new injectors as well as possibly replace the oem fuel lines.
    Does anyone know about this ?

You would have to replace everything that ethanol attacks. O-rings, maybe the fuel pump, and so on...

Comment

A few problems with this: ( I worked on a E85 biofuel project for an OEM )

1) the stock engine cal isnt designed for E85 - this could be remapped as long as you always used the same mix of E85 and petrol.
      2) if you didn't and wanted to use any and all mixes, the engine ECU would need a fuel quality sensor to detect the petrol and E85 mix in real time coming to the fuel rail and adapt the calibration to suit (the stock ECU cant do this)
      3) the fuel pump would also need uprating as if you were on a full E85, the engine consumes significantly more volume of E85 than petrol for the same power output
      4) as correctly mentioned above, the entire fuel system( injectors, lines, pipes etc) , would need to be E85 compatible as it corrodes rubber etc

Thank fcuk for ugly women all the boilers bags and trolls, just so they could get a shag they invented alcohol.

Comment

As written above. I use my Fiesta RS Turbo (2.0 Zetec) 400bhp++ with E85 since day 1 (2011), never had any problem with it. Basically everyone who used to race (drift, rally, drag, etc) was using E85 in Hungary until the production of E85 was stopped a couple of years ago because of the corrupt government...
        Back to the original subject. The car has VEMS ecu (This can be any capable ecu, Pectel, Motec etc) with custom map for E85, Walbro fuel pump, high imp. bosch injectors etc.. To be fair, i use the factory fuel lines, fittings, o rings, never had any issue with them. Regardless, i would recommend to get the rubber and plastic parts changed or do your checks regularly. (And keep a couple of fire extinguisher with you)
        About fuel consumption. If i drive normally, then a full tank (42 L) lasts about 500 km, if i push hard, then it is only enough for 200 - 250 km.(ish)

I hope this helps.

Comment

Here in Sweden 80%+ off all higher tuned cars are on E85. i will also go E85 on my Escos using Emu black Ecu.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BillyEdmonds View Post
            Wondering if anyone has run their car on E85 & what the experience has been. I'm considering it but from what I can tell I'm going to need new injectors as well as possibly replace the oem fuel lines.
            Does anyone know about this ?
            10% more power over the whole revrange. Don't change original fuel lines, they are in a material that can handle it. Only change the fuel pump to a E85 compatible one.

Comment

Working...
            X