Airfilter for original box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airfilter for original box

Anyone with original airfilter box, and kn panelfilter? How does IT sounds? I whant the chatter and sucking noice AS close to grA conefilter AS possible... but dont whant to remove the oe box on this car.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Its a lot quieter than having the cone fitted.

cannot hear much compared to the cone so if you want it noisy then standard box is not for you imo.

Dave.

Comment

Yes i know its not as loud AS a cone, but i would like AS close AS possible, but keep the box, but not sure wich filter gives most sound i just dont whant cone on this car to, since whant to keep more oe look...

Comment

Im on box and k&n dont hear anything, plenty other noises in mine

Comment

I have just took my air box off and put a group A air filter on. You don’t here anything with the standard air box and I very much would have thought that is the case whatever panel filter you put in it. It is very restrictive and my throttle response is improved as well as a much better sound since swapping it. My Oe air box is cleaned and skin wrapped and won’t be going back on. But I appreciate you want the air box look. I just prefer the Cossie with it off!

Comment

The original GPA works cars used an air box.
            Modified for more air flow. (and noise)
            You can see the additional holes in the pics.
            i also read somewhere they used an air box from a Sierra not an ESCOS.
            Attached Files

Comment

I need to look for a bad airbox then i dont whant to drill a good one to pieces but if find a bad, i Can mod it to try

Comment

Do you have RS 500 grills ?
                the air intakie is behind just put a boa beetwin airbox intake and grills
                I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                  Im on box and k&n dont hear anything, plenty other noises in mine
                  My box is also modified by front section being removed where snorkel would go and i use an adapter for 100mm hose to turbo, an unmodified box wont flow enough at my power

Comment

I would love to see exactly what they did to the group A air box. It always intrigued me!

Comment

find in group A doc
                      Attached Files
                      I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X