A.P Racing kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.P Racing kits

Whats the difference between the CP5555 and the CP7040 calipers to warrent the difference in price ?

Low Slung Denim.

strenght

Comment

Originally posted by dunccoss View Post
      strenght
      Is it!? Neither are a monoblock caliper are they?

I thought that the Red 7040's ran a dust seal to be road legal where as the black and yellow 5555's don't run a dust seal and are more track/competition orientated?
      M3 CSL is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Is it!? Neither are a monoblock caliper are they?

I thought that the Red 7040's ran a dust seal to be road legal where as the black and yellow 5555's don't run a dust seal and are more track/competition orientated?
        NO! They both run dust seals .

The CP5555 was originally a race calliper, which was converted to road use with dust seals etc. Therefore it is light and slim in design. The CP7040 was originally designed as a road calliper, so has not been paired down and is much more bulkier / heavier. It is also a mass produced calliper, being used on many OE cars (and is designed as such), hence the fact that it is cheaper than the CP5555.

The CP5555 callipers weigh only 2.8kg each (without pads) and uses a pad with an area of 76.3 cm².

The CP7040 callipers weigh 3.7kg each (without pads) and uses a pad with an area of of only 72.5cm².
        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post

The CP5555 was originally a race calliper, which was converted to road use with dust seals etc. Therefore it is light and slim in design. The CP7040 was originally designed as a road calliper, so has not been paired down and is much more bulkier / heavier. It is also a mass produced calliper, being used on many OE cars (and is designed as such), hence the fact that it is cheaper than the CP5555.

The CP5555 callipers weigh only 2.8kg each (without pads) and uses a pad with an area of 76.3 cm².

The CP7040 callipers weigh 3.7kg each (without pads) and uses a pad with an area of of only 72.5cm².
          good information there thanks ive been toying with the idea of some brakes and was confused my self!!!! thought it was just the colour will these brake sets fit under my 18" compo wheels easy enough?? cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by ricky.rs View Post
            good information there thanks ive been toying with the idea of some brakes and was confused my self!!!! thought it was just the colour will these brake sets fit under my 18" compo wheels easy enough?? cheers mate
            Depends what width of wheel, offset and brake size?
            Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

You need to get out more Mike
              XYZ Fabrications
              Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                You need to get out more Mike
                It's my business to know these things .
                Mike Rainbird

Comment

Very comprehensive mike ta .

Low Slung Denim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post

what are they made from?

Comment

Both are two piece aluminium alloy bodies, machined from high quality die castings .
                      Mike Rainbird

Comment

cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X