No announcement yet.

Which front shocks? Bilstein B6 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, so which springs did you go with? Pics of ride height? Let us know what you think of the ride once out and about. I too am tired of the harsh, track type ride, could be the springs which are unknown.

Comment

My springs are cobra springs. I just gave them a lick of paint. Might tax the car from the start of june if the weather is still nice.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks fine without spacer Dave!

Comment

I have a set of these front shocks and I was undecided on fitting them but after reading the comments I’ll buy the rears , what springs are people using with them ?

Comment

do we think this might be the new best setup ? Bilstein B6 with the Ahmed spring?

Comment

Originally posted by london_chris View Post
              do we think this might be the new best setup ? Bilstein B6 with the Ahmed spring?
              Nothing new with this, exept the springs, bilstein with eibach springs was a very good setup all since they first came out, but eibach dont deliver anymore
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                Pics of clearance
                I see from pics the tube doesnt have a shoulder like the standard or konis that fits into the hub ,, is the pinch bolt that clamps the strut a tight fit through the hook welded to the tube ,,cheers Rashers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rashers View Post

I see from pics the tube doesnt have a shoulder like the standard or konis that fits into the hub ,, is the pinch bolt that clamps the strut a tight fit through the hook welded to the tube ,,cheers Rashers
                  No it isn't it's got plenty of clearance. In fact I struggled to get the shock far enough into the hub. Should've really had a hub splitter socket rather than wedging a screwdriver in! I figured the hook shape needed to sit on top of the pinch bolt then both shocks are exactly the same depth into the hub. I left the pinch bolts loose then dropped the car on the wheels and gave it 3 or 4 full turns lock to lock to seat them. Then tightened them up when the car was sat on the floor.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X