High Pressure Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pressure Oil Pump

I am coming back with this topic again asking if we do have any update regarding high pressure oil pumps!
    Who is making? Anybody have used one lately?
    I need one for a 2nd engine I am building & I bought one from Graham Goode.
    What are the choices this period as I don't see many!

"If in doubt, flat out" Colin McRae for ever..."

I buy trough xpower engines ltd, he gets them from Burton power, and check tolerance on them before sending them out.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I bought mine from Suhe Motorsport long tme ago(maybe also Bourton). After 15000 km no problem.

Comment

You don't need a high pressure pump.

Comment

My builder re-used my original/genuine low mileage pump after strip and inspection, which was then fitted with uprated PRV.

Comment

Originally posted by markk View Post
            You don't need a high pressure pump.
            I am upgrading the engine looking 500hp+ so I definitely need one!

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
              My builder re-used my original/genuine low mileage pump after strip and inspection, which was then fitted with uprated PRV.
              I read that Cosworth will start produce genuine oil pumps! This is good news but how can we find out more & when if.....?

Comment

Search up modatek for the claimed to be cosworth oem.
                Cheers
                John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa View Post
                  Search up modatek for the claimed to be cosworth oem.
                  I sent them e-mail yesterday looking for their reply.
                  Thanks!

Comment

"Cosworth original" pumps was not always good... The Burton pump should be one of the better avilable now. Xpower check them before shipping, so he dont deliver out one with not correct tolerance, so its a "safe" alternativ.

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                      "Cosworth original" pumps was not always good... The Burton pump should be one of the better avilable now. Xpower check them before shipping, so he dont deliver out one with not correct tolerance, so its a "safe" alternativ.
                      I have one from Xpower. I didn't have much pressure when I was starting the engine after almost 14000km. I took out the oil spring & it was loose. I spoke with Piero & I will send it to check it out.

Comment

One thing I recommend if you have a ecu capable of it is a oil pressure cut so engine switched off if oil drop below a certain level.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by SAGO View Post

I am upgrading the engine looking 500hp+ so I definitely need one!
                          HP output does not determine the 'need' for higher oil pressure. Everyone thinks that adding higher pressure gives something that is magical. It's not and your engine doesn't need it.
                          When engines are designed there are certain criteria that are used, one of them is looking at pumping losses and friction. Higher pressures than needed increases both of them.

I did some work with some very high HP engines years ago (20+yrs) producing over 3000hp. These ran on 2 bar of oil pressure. Anything more and it actually slowed the crank due to the pressure applied.

But, hey, what do I know. The quality oil is the key, the oil film means you should never have the crank touching the bearings adding more pressure to the oil is not going to change that.
                          You are just following what everyone has told you, I understand that.
                          I hope you get what you need to have a super reliable engine.

Comment

What i rather would have, was a high flow pump, to cope with bigger bearing clearance, to keep higher idle pressure. But not many of them of shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
                              One thing I recommend if you have a ecu capable of it is a oil pressure cut so engine switched off if oil drop below a certain level.

Mark
                              Yes Mark. will do!

Comment

Working...
                              X