Intermittant voltage gauge issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittant voltage gauge issue

My standard voltage gauge has developed a fault. It reads about 10v for a while after starting, about 5 minutes, then jumps to the correct spot for about 13 volts. Ive checked the actual voltage and its spot on all the time
    Any one else had similar issues?
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

I had that some time back as i use the Weber Marelli 145 amp alternator which doesnt fit in place like oe one and i had to adjust the tension of the belt to get it work properly..maybe it is just slipping belt like mine was..

Comment

Fuse box can make this problem, have seen this before

Comment

Originally posted by garet View Post
        I had that some time back as i use the Weber Marelli 145 amp alternator which doesnt fit in place like oe one and i had to adjust the tension of the belt to get it work properly..maybe it is just slipping belt like mine was..
        Thanks. Sound advice but the voltage using a meter was spot on all the time.
        sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post
          Fuse box can make this problem, have seen this before
          The dreaded fuse box, theres an idea. Not a nice one though.. I will have to drop it down and wiggle a few wires, which to any one else would look like a good kicking.
          Thanks.

Any one else had the same issue traced back to the fuse box?
          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Power feed to voltmeter comes directly from relay 4 and fuse 2 in fuse boks.

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post
              Power feed to voltmeter comes directly from relay 4 and fuse 2 in fuse boks.
              Excellent. That should make it a bit easier. Will go straight to that and have a play.
              Thanks.
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X