No announcement yet.

Temp gauge needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the picture of the needle at the N is with a warmed up engine, that looks fine.
    Dont forget its coolant temp. Here in Scotland it can be as low as -10 deg c or in Summer 20+ degC.
    The gauge will be sitting at the out side temp until engine is started. If your from a hot country say 30-35 or more day temperature then the gauge will stay a bit higher than say my gauge did.
    I say did as i have sold the car now......and instantly regretted it.lol
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

thank's
      I do not know if it is a good idea but I will make a lug to fix it to the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (the blue) to get an idea of the temperature when the ventilators start.
      I stop the engine but leave the contact for the fan to work and I plug my lug I read the temperature from the resitance table until the fan stops and the temperature goes down and the next day I really look cold
      I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

Well, I'm almost certain that in the end it's my sender who has a problem. I carried out various tests and set up controls, one led on each information wire on the fan sender from the radiator to the fan relay and one voltmeter on the fan alloy. so I can see that the sender triggers the 1st fan speed at 90°. The fans are in series and the voltmeter indicates 6 volts, another led on the second wire that of the 100° and fans in parallel with 12 volts (I sent a mass on the wire to confirm) at low speed 90° I have the needle which is almost on the N whereas before it was rainy on the O.
        Sunnyside
        what brand and reference sender did you install ?
        I'd rather be walking that drive Subaru.

Comment

Working...
        X