T25 Standard Dump Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T25 Standard Dump Valve

Does anyone know where to get a replacement recirculating dump valve (or parts) for a small turbo T25 engine?

Car's been running a Nomad atmospheric dump valve on the cold side for years but continue to have emissions issues where car is over-fuelling and want to put the standard recirculating valve back and take the Nomad off.

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Paul

the standard dump valve in the t25 is in the turbo on the compressor side..a new diaphragma should be no problem to get.

Comment

I've no idea what state the standard dump valve has been left in after it was 'blanked', i.e., whether internals have been removed or left. It might be more than just the diaphragm needed. I will need to check.
      If all removed I don't think it will be easy to find all the parts needed to remake it. What is it made up of...a spring, diaphragm, piston, some o-rings...? Maybe there's a service kit available but I haven't found one...

Comment

the innards are normally replaced with a blanking plate,originally it consists of the diaphragm which its worth fitting an uprated kevlar one,readily available but its the rest you will struggle to get,theres a plastic housing,spring and plastic piston that the diaphragm fits onto

Comment

Cheers. I took the old one off, it was 'blanked' with silicone in the outer case (that the vacuum pipe connects to on the front), all the innards were there apart from the spring.

Anyway, I think I've found what I need.

Appreciate replies.

Comment

good result then,thats saved a load of hassle

Comment

Whilst I’m going another route I also found this site with the help of jsa where they sell a full replacement. Given the price I’ve chanced an order just to see whether it’s the right one, and if so, to have a spare. From the research we have done it appears to be the right one. I’ll let you know when it turns up.

https://www.turborebuild.co.uk/72016...alve-gt2052els

Comment

If it helps anyone in future the link above is the correct replacement for the OEM recirculating diverter valve. It arrived today and I've matched it up against the original I have (well, all bar the spring)... exactly the same.

Comment

great find and bargain price too

Comment

Yeah i thought that about the price as well. Quick delivery, too. Looks like a good company. Just waiting on blanking plug to cover the cold side now.

Comment

Thanks Paul.

Ordered a kit last week and should be getting it tomorrow/Tuesday.
                      Will be fitting next weekend to see how it goes.

Thanks
                      Dan

Comment

All good, Dan - I fitted the kit on the weekend, no issues, bit fiddly lining up the gasket and holding it against the housing under the load of the spring whilst fixing back in but no biggie. You can move out the way the other vacuum hoses coming off the actuator and compressor housing if needed to give a bit of extra room. Worth checking the condition of them as well - one of mine was brittle and split.

I also bought an “uprated” Forge diverter valve (just for future reference - FMDVT25R) should I ever want to replace the one I’ve just fitted. That will need some extra vacuum hoses to marry with the plastic OEM vacuum pipe as the nipple is unfortunately not positioned the same as the original. If you check it out you’ll see what I mean.

Whilst the airbox was off I also gave the MAF sensor a clean with some MAF spray. Here’s hoping it improves the fuelling and boost leak!

Comment

Working...
                        X