advise please.f1 at silverstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise please.f1 at silverstone

has anyone been? me and tracey are going this year as the race falls on my birthday and ive always wanted to go.we will do the whole weekend as we arent having a holiday this year and as schuey is back i want to make sure i see him race before he goes again.

any advise on where to sit for view and for photos please?and any good reasonble hotels near by?

cheers in advance people
    sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Probably be cheaper to go to the French GP

Comment

been many years since I last went to the F1 at silverstone, it all depends on what type of pics you want, but would think any where near a good corner for you as no doubt you will want to capture the action shots

As for hotels plenty near by in either Northampton, Milton Keynes etc.... Depending on the date I may be able to put you up also

Comment

jules,it has to be silverstone even if dear. the race is the same day as my birthday so would make it massively special for me.especially if schuey or button win

ben,how big is you house man? and its 3 days so couldnt impose.thanks though
        sigpic

Comment

4 bed detached mate, the girls share a room so we kind of have 2 spare although one is used as a playroom for them
          No problem at all, what do you want from the hotel cheap and cheerful or something a little more up market?

Comment

greedy! pmsl. something clean and cheap is fine.cant stand a minging hotel and bed
            sigpic

Comment

IMO you'd be better off going to spa or the likes :-(

Comment

Originally posted by bullett View Post
                greedy! pmsl. something clean and cheap is fine.cant stand a minging hotel and bed
                anything to keep her happy lol

Can't think of the name of the place now, but that hotel near silverstone that people usually use for Ford Fair, Debbie and the gang from Belgium used it last year

Comment

is the f1 using the new complex layout this year?

i read that it might be, that could be a good place to get photo's,

you'll love it mate, i went a few years ago vip and after the race was watching status quo play live with lewis hamilton standing next to me

and johnny herbert pissed riding around on a kids scooter

Kleers.com 15% discount code 'RON15' for a discount on all cleaning products

Comment

My mate sat in the complex stadium last year and said it was rubbish as the car are off throttle pretty much all the way through that part. But I would also like to know the best place to sit as I have tickets aswell.

Comment

I went im 1998 , sat in grandstand at stowe , did not really rate it apart from shumacher crashing right in front of me ( not him crashing. but a bit of action) Take LOTS of money VERY expensive . Even went to the Jorden gp party afterwards , good but again very expensve. cheers Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by Rolls View Post
                        IMO you'd be better off going to spa or the likes :-(
                        rich,spa is one of my favourite tracks but its not on when its my birthday
                        sigpic

Comment

I went last year and was massively disappointed, i'm glad i had free tickets!! I was sat in the stand at the end of the main straight-dead opposite Buttons pit-i was expecting to see some good moves into the first corner but got bugger all .

From where i was i couldn't see any of the big screens so couldn't follow an entire laps action, you can hire hand held screens but have to leave a £250 deposit the noise is horrendous after a while so make sure you get ear-plugs.

Not worth the money in my opinion-save the money and spend it on your engine re-build
                          sigpic

Comment

ad,nothing usually does happen in to the first corner unless its the start tbh,

as for the engine,it can wait.this is something ive always wanted to do and may only do once.i want to see schuey race in the flesh
                            sigpic

Comment

i went in 1987 ,won a ticket for copse grandstand , [first corner] unless your a very good photographer you wont get good pics on a straight due to the cars passing so fast
                              i tried at Monza in 08 and got nothing
                              sigpic
                              BROKEN AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X