Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offset help........

Right bare with me on this please.....

I need some help getting my head round this....

Current wheels run with longer studs and spacers, the wheels are et35 and the spacers are 20mm. The wheel itself is 7j

Now the issue is the 195 50 15 tyre is about 10mm away from shock leg, I want to fit wider tyres on the car. Which are 225 50 15. These are for drag runs only.

To clear shock i need a wheel with a lower offset. Would a et 15 with 20mm spacer sort the issue? Or would going upto a wider rim 8j or 9j help at all.

Utterly confusing myself and I need to find a suitable wheel by the weekend

Its a trolley ...its a shopping trolley (you know, with the spastic front wheel!!)
    Fastest FWD Ford - 11.7 @129mph (183.99mph Topspeed)

http://www.carnoisseurdirect.com/epa...2148%209106%22

anyone used these..???

Its a trolley ...its a shopping trolley (you know, with the spastic front wheel!!)

Comment

on your current wheels, if your using a 20mm spacer on an et35 wheel then they are in theory now a et15.

if at that stage you step the tyre size up to 225 from a 195 the tyre is aprox 30mm wider, so 15mm each side of the particular wheel, so your possibly unlikely to get away with fitting those as its inevitable that its going to make firm contact.
      making the wheel wider wont exactly help the situation at this point as ideally you need to alter the offset even more.

do you have to run a 225, or can you not opt for something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
        on your current wheels, if your using a 20mm spacer on an et35 wheel then they are in theory now a et15.

if at that stage you step the tyre size up to 225 from a 195 the tyre is aprox 30mm wider, so 15mm each side of the particular wheel, so your possibly unlikely to get away with fitting those as its inevitable that its going to make firm contact.
        making the wheel wider wont exactly help the situation at this point as ideally you need to alter the offset even more.

do you have to run a 225, or can you not opt for something else?

Well I have a 225 50 15 set of drag tyres which I want to use.

I could go narrower but in this case I NEED the larger footprint offered.

Its only for drag so I dont mind purchasing 2 wheels for the tyres. Just need to get my head around it all.. I think tomorrow I will slip the tyre on the other set of wheels and fit then i can space accordingly to see whats actually needed.

You have cleared up some confusion however

Comment

how about some wider spacers purely for when running the drag tyres

can you get away with the wheel coming out anout 10mm, and then allowing for the extra width of the tyre, or are your current ones already close to poking out beyond the arches?

Comment

how about some wider spacers purely for when running the drag tyres

can you get away with the wheel coming out anout 10mm, and then allowing for the extra width of the tyre, or are your current ones already close to poking out beyond the arches?
            Current ones are fine really...

BUT im already running 20mm hubcentric spacers and studs are spot on with these.

Not sure I want to run with even longer studs etc and two sets of hub centric spacers... is this safe???

Comment

i wouldnt think its safe atall, maybe go for the option of different wheels with a more suitable offset for the task.

7" with an et5 without spacers, or et25 and then use your spacers as you already are

Comment

i wouldnt think its safe atall, maybe go for the option of different wheels with a more suitable offset for the task.

7" with an et5 without spacers, or et25 and then use your spacers as you already are

Exactly what im thinking will measure up tomorrow then call Comp ti see what they have in stock.

Comment

my only fear tho Luke, is that a 7" wheel may be a little skinny for a 225 tyre.

Comment

Working...
                  X