Help needed please!!! NOW SORTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please!!! NOW SORTED

To cut a long story short my st Escos was having fuel pressure issues. Was told it was more than likely to be the pump, so i bought a new Walbro fuel pump. When i took out the oringinal pump there were resisters in the wiring which i wasnt sure that i should keep i decided to solder them onto the wiring for the new pump and everything was fine.......... or so i thought Apparentley i still had fuel pressure problems and was told (again) that it could be down to the resisters in the wiring which i have this week cut out. Now the thing wont even start!!!!!!!!!! I can hear the pump prime when you turn on the ignition, I'm getting fuel at the rail and i've also got a spark but its just turning over. Has anybody ever come across this or these resisters before???? I would of thought if the new pump needed the resisters it would of come with them, or at least said you need them?? Any help would be greatly appriciated and urgently needed!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by COSSTEW; 24-04-2010, 13:24:51.

not 100% sure but i seem to remember removing mine when i put the walbro in mine and if you havefuel at the line it sounds like you have some other problem and im BT so cant help on the st stuff sorry

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

I fitted a walbro to mine recently with the wiring provided, it hasn't got the resistor in and it hasn't caused any problems at all. I think you can rule this out of your investigations.

Comment

presume you havent got the fuel lines on the wrong way round with having the pump out?

Comment

have you checked the fuel presure and also the little bit of pipe from pump to sender can split causing sinilar probs presure should be about 3.5 bar

Comment

Cheers for the help lads. Problem now solved. I thought surely i carnt be stupid enough to put the pipes on the wrong way.................. but after igotblueblood said he had removed the resistors from his pump and it ran fine, doubts started to creep into my mind. So this afternoon back down with the tank and a quick switch around of the pipes and hay presto!!!!! Started first turn of the key. What a total DICKHEAD!!!!!

Comment

at least it saved you a big bill from some garage,ill have half please lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                presume you havent got the fuel lines on the wrong way round with having the pump out?
                good info nick as allways

Comment

SCOOL BOY ERROR-LOL-
                  HOWS THIS FOR A PROBLEM AWHILE AGO,
                  STARTED THE ESCOS UP IN THE GARAGE TO WARM UP-BUT SLAMMED THE DOOR CLOSED,
                  WITH THE KEYS IN IGNITION!! IT LOCKED ME OUT!!! ---PANICK!!!!!!! ANOTHER SPARE KEY WOULDNT ALLOW ME IN EITHER----AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT I'D THE BOOT OPEN CHANGING CD'S,HAD TO CRAWL OVER THE SEATS ETC-----BUT IF I HADN'T?????
                  IT WOULD STILL BE RUNNING NOW

Comment

Originally posted by aaroncast View Post

SCOOL BOY ERROR-LOL-
                    HOWS THIS FOR A PROBLEM AWHILE AGO,
                    STARTED THE ESCOS UP IN THE GARAGE TO WARM UP-BUT SLAMMED THE DOOR CLOSED,
                    WITH THE KEYS IN IGNITION!! IT LOCKED ME OUT!!! ---PANICK!!!!!!! ANOTHER SPARE KEY WOULDNT ALLOW ME IN EITHER----AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT I'D THE BOOT OPEN CHANGING CD'S,HAD TO CRAWL OVER THE SEATS ETC-----BUT IF I HADN'T?????
                    IT WOULD STILL BE RUNNING NOW

Unplug the crank sensor.
                    sigpic

Team S.T.A.M.

Comment

LOL CHEERS RADMAN LIKE I SAID, I THOUGHT EVEN I COULDN'T BE DAFT ENOUGH TO GET THEM THE WRONG WAY ROUND.

Comment

glad it was an easy fix is it all fine now then?

Comment

Only give it a quick run round the block as im not taxing it until next week, feels ok and starts straight away. Still not sure about the fuel pressure though. I have had it at a reputable tuner 3 times and all thats happened is they have charged me alot of money to tell me that the pressure isn't rite and they don't know whats up with it.Apparentley its too high on tick over and mid range and too low when giving it a bit. Im hoping that taking the resistors out has sorted it Has anybody had this kind of problem before??????

Comment

Changed the fuel filter recently

Comment

Yeah its got a new filter on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X