Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window tint

Anyone know how easy it is to remove
    Last edited by Mark-C; 07-09-2012, 17:57:06.

bloke i know removes the glass to do it properly if he can.

seen jap imports that are subjected to extreme heat have tint thats very difficult to remove but does come off eventually.
    its more a pain in the arse being carefull on the elements My Arse

Comment

thinking of going to see one with it on but i'm not a fan of tinted windows

Comment

hot air gun and a sharp finger nail or a blade to get it lifted and then carefully pull it,then tar and glue the remaining residue. i have done a few and yep its a pain in the aRSehOLe more than anything

Comment

My Mrs wants it on her Pug. I would remove all the windows inc the rear to do it properly if I can

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

its a nightmare getting the sticky stuff off once the films been removed

Comment

QQQ---???-does the heat of a heated window cause any probs to the film???

Comment

Originally posted by aaroncast View Post
                no doesnt affect it at all

but removing is a bitch

my mondeo had some stupid chrome to black tint all round on it, easily ripped off but the glue is a nightmare, and dont put a window down until all the glue is off else it will never come back up again

for the rears, you need to be very careful when removing it, but most of the time the glue is that strong you will damage some elements, once removed use an industrial glue remover, to disolve the glue, panel wipe from paint suppliers works extremely well, you just get a little light headed when doing it for so long lol

Comment

Originally posted by aaroncast View Post
                  you going incognito again Bossman

dunno if its just me but proper dark limo tint on a smart car looks shite,subtle looks much better but its still not somthing i find great. I like to be able to see where i'm going when high speed manoovering

Comment

Working...
                  X