headgasket gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headgasket gone

been to oulton park today in my escos ,gave it a bootfull up a hill on way there
    water coming out the bonnet vent
    seemed ok on way home but hoses gone hard and brown oily deposits in header tank
    thinking wrc 4 layer now and standard head bolts ,maybe head will need a skim .will see when its removed
    was starting to enjoy driving it again ,fookin cosworth curse strikes again
    car is only stage 3 greens etc ,but rwd

Originally posted by d5 jjc View Post
    been to oulton park today in my escos ,gave it a bootfull up a hill on way there
    water coming out the bonnet vent
    seemed ok on way home but hoses gone hard and brown oily deposits in header tank
    thinking wrc 4 layer now and standard head bolts ,maybe head will need a skim .will see when its removed
    was starting to enjoy driving it again ,fookin cosworth curse strikes again
    car is only stage 3 greens etc ,but rwd
    not good mate, but if you are putting on a wrc gasket they say you be better to deck(skim) the top of the block and head and then its fit and forget, you enjoying the rwd then

Comment

If your fitting a wrc multilayer the head and block will need a skim so its a engine out job, its what im currently doin.

Imo for that power i would fit a small turbo headgasket and genuine headbolts and you should have no problem and far cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by hughy View Post
        not good mate, but if you are putting on a wrc gasket they say you be better to deck(skim) the top of the block and head and then its fit and forget, you enjoying the rwd then
        Rwd is awsome mate ,defo nicer car to drive now
        feels faster ,more fun ,defo recommend it
        pissed about gasket ,but it's done over 30k on group a
        you would be surprised how well it handless in the dry !
        It flys and doesn't spin up much at this power level
        will look into decking block etc,the lad who is fitting
        gasket knows his stuff ,so he will do what's needed

Comment

Originally posted by cosmagedon View Post
          If your fitting a wrc multilayer the head and block will need a skim so its a engine out job, its what im currently doin.

Imo for that power i would fit a small turbo headgasket and genuine headbolts and you should have no problem and far cheaper
          not into those small turbo gaskets mate ,few of my friends have fitted them
          and not lasted long at all ,want a gasket that's fit and forget !
          plus car is going to be around the 400 bhp soon

Comment

is this another group a gasket that has gone... they are shit, but for some reason everybody rates them.. even tho they blow one a year! fuck ripping the engine out mate skim the head and gamble the block, lets face it its £150 and a saturdays labour... vs a complete rebuild whats the chances of the block being bad really?? i know people that have fitted a wrc gasket with out touching the block and there bombproof!

ps dont let 400bhp worry you a yb can take that day in day out no worrys

Comment

Originally posted by dom123 View Post
              is this another group a gasket that has gone... they are shit, but for some reason everybody rates them.. even tho they blow one a year! fuck ripping the engine out mate skim the head and gamble the block, lets face it its £150 and a saturdays labour... vs a complete rebuild whats the chances of the block being bad really?? i know people that have fitted a wrc gasket with out touching the block and there bombproof!

ps dont let 400bhp worry you a yb can take that day in day out no worrys
              400 bhp does not worry me mate my last 2wd saff was over 500bhp on wrc 4 layer gasket ,
              that engine had 6 long studs and ran 38psi on t4 with no problems
              my escos will have wrc 4 layer fitted with standard head bolts ...been told it will be fine
              am going to put 2wd exhaust manifold on ,set of greys ,500 cooler,around 30 psi of boost and hope for around 400 bhp
              the group a gasket was fitted on my engine 32k ago ,so its not done bad .....

Comment

contact cossy crazy mark barber in stoke on trent he will sort it at reasonable money

Comment

Originally posted by ricky.rs View Post
                  contact cossy crazy mark barber in stoke on trent he will sort it at reasonable money
                  i have mike hall ex turbo systems ,to do all my work mate

Comment

Working...
                  X