Investments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investments?

Ive got a small amount of money (£2k) that I would like to invest for a good return. Can anyone offer any suggestions? i.e. high interest acccount, shares, stock exchange, anything else??

(Sorry for all the questions, but my minds thinking overtime atm )

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

I'll "look after it" for you

Follow me on Instagram @billy_rs

Comment

"No" "You Won't"

Its not exactly my cash, but I have access to it. Its currently earning interest, but shit interest. Would rather have it work for me instead of doing nothing.

Comment

Low risk would have to be something like an ISA account from the bank? or maybe premium bonds but then you may never make any money on the bonds, but then the cash is there if you need to get hold of it?

Comment

the big question is how long can it be tied up for?

if you need access to it quickly then you will not get a high return

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
            Low risk would have to be something like an ISA account from the bank? or maybe premium bonds but then you may never make any money on the bonds, but then the cash is there if you need to get hold of it?
            Ive looked at ISA's, but don't fancy being tied up for 5 years for the decent interest rates. How hard is it to negotiate the stock exchange??

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
            the big question is how long can it be tied up for?

if you need access to it quickly then you will not get a high return
            I would rather acces to it to be safe, but can be tied up for 7 years.

Comment

with just £2k you are not going to get much back unless you tie it up for a few years and carnt get at it or you could try your luck with premium bonds as you can get your money out (takes 30 days) and no catches and you might get lucky and win big, i have quite a few and in the last year i have had 8 or 9 wins and that return is far greater than i would have got from anything else in that short time

Comment

What about that peer to peer lending thing?

Comment

If you don't want any risk then have a look here for the best cash accounts

http://moneyfacts.co.uk/compare/savi...llers-savings/

But, with inflation running at over 3% then your capital will show very little real return, if any.

If you want better returns than that you really need to be prepared to accept some risk. You can do this through a stocks and shares ISA either in individual stocks or a managed investment fund.

If you are preprard to accept volatility, bank shares imo such as Lloyds or RBS should perform well as as the UK recovers (might take a step back though short term) as they rebuild their capital and reduce bad debts. You would need to think that in a few years the shares should be much higher than the current levels of 68p & 56p respectively.

Worth a punt but upwards and downward price movements of around 3% a day will not be unusual!

Pete

Comment

2K Investment!!--------get around a £5 spot back over 3 years!!!-LOL
                    use it as a stake to buy and sell------

Comment

if you are looking at shares look into the china and brazil markets as that seams to be growing well at the moment, but like i said if you dont want to lose it then bond it

Comment

I'd go with the premium bonds, at least that way you can have abit of fun and may or may not win a decent sum of money and you can get the cash back if and when you want it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking at buying and selling things, but have no idea what to buy

I will research premium bonds, but how do I win?

Comment

just remember... buy low... sell high!! easy as that

Comment

Originally posted by FletchCossie View Post
                              Thanks for the advice. I've been looking at buying and selling things, but have no idea what to buy

I will research premium bonds, but how do I win?
                              you buy £2k in bulk number slots and then you will get back from the premium bond people your tickets and that is now your £2k so dont lose them and then just sit back and check your post each week as if you win you will get a nice letter with a cheque in it come your way and you dont have to do nout but bank your cheques, think it takes 30 days once you have payed your money in before they become active and a draw is done every week bottom prize is £25 top prize is £500000 a week and you never know. evern 1 win at £25 would be about £24 more than what you will earn as interrest from the bank for a year at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X