Any good Mac Programmes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Mac Programmes?

Got myself a MacBook Pro today and have no idea what software is good to use with it. Im trying to get a windows emulator so I can still do a few things through Windows and Im getting IWorks. Anything I should look out for?

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

a machine that isnt a mac!!------you didnt buy it did you? oh dear.
    great for architectural detailing/graffic working,,, but what else?????

Comment

i work as a PC engineer and in the compnay i work for have over 1000 PC,s which me and the rest of my team support ive been into computers and PCs since i was 10 yeares of age (im 28 now)
      i brought a mac book pro back in november and its the best thing i have ever brought far much more easier to use than a PC and is more stable i have never had it crash on me and things take half the time to do on a mac rather than a PC. Microsoft has had its time and its time for them to start looking at the mac operation system of how things should be done. They tried with windows vista & 7 and they screwed that up.

With regards to windows XP on a mac it can be done (god knows why you would want to but can see how it could be useful) You basically make 2 boot partiotions one mac os and the other windows os.

Theres guides online on how to do this.
      sigpic

Comment

you can also use paralells to run windows while in mac os to save using bootcamp
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by rsnissan View Post
          you can also use paralells to run windows while in mac os to save using bootcamp
          yep, that's what we do.

Comment

I now have IWorks and am downloading Parallels I needed windows as a website I use has links and them links wouldn't work through the Mac. Tried 2 links this morning and they are now working, so don't need Windows anymore. Will still install it to be safe

Any other good programmes I can use?

Comment

Firefox

Comment

I tried Firefox on the PC and thought it was shit I liked Safari, but was too used to IE and went back to it. Now Im using Safari everyday its pretty easy to use

Comment

Originally posted by FletchCossie View Post
                  Now Im using Safari everyday its pretty easy to use
                  See i told you lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psygnosis View Post
                    See i told you lol

Only problem I have is now every loads quicker I get bored quicker

Comment

Working...
                    X