No announcement yet.

fixit box on the bay..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixit box on the bay..................

Doesn't look like one to me though!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIXIT-BIG-TOOT...#ht_500wt_1182
    Cheers, Kev.

sigpic

Hmmm, hard to tell.
    Rainbird would be the man to answer this one.

If anyone does go for it, Haywards Heath is no more than 10 mins away from me so I could easily pick it up for someone and bring it along to a show/event

Comment

Not easy to buy parts to a old fixit box

Comment

should get that one for spares really! Looks real enough to me..

Comment

if only this came along in a few months time i would of been down there like a shot to collect!

getting a new gear made is the easy bit! eh kelv
          xflow way to go!

Comment

FIXIT gears from mike's site -

Ebay one...

90% sure it isn't one - could be wrong!!
            Cheers, Kev.

sigpic

Comment

looking at those pictures i would say it is!
              xflow way to go!

Comment

A bit over priced in the text, for a complete build. Some freinds of mine, get new ones from fixit, for £2.3K, Delivery, and pickup gearbox themself, and pay cash to Bjørn at fixit and no tax on it

Comment

didnt sell so now re listed
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MEWAX:VRI

so how much are we talking to fix this box back together good as new?

what power can these cope with all day long, launching hard?

Comment

Lots, you're better off buying a new one. Cost me £1600 to get my Bara box rebuilt...

Comment

if that's the best .... but he sure has Fixit new?
                      sigpic

Comment

To tell if it is a Fixit, I would need the tooth count of one of the gears .
                        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Looks to have too many teeth on the gears to me. At least compared to the version I have.

Comment

I have this sneaking suspiscion that this is my old gearkit (which was on the car when I bought it having been purchased back in 1998), which is the original Fixit kit imported by DPE and is only rated to 450bhp. I gave this to Bernie at CTS in exchange for some T5 transmission bits, as it is not possible to get spares for it, as it was discontinued for the current much higher rated kit.... And that is the exact part on my kit that failed when I went from 400bhp to 480bhp all those years ago - could be coincidence though, as I never knew what Bernie wanted it for, as DPE wanted around £800 to custom make the replacement broken gear part and then I would be in the same boat again if any other parts let go (as in requiring further custom parts) . So I decided it wasn't worth the risk and to just buy the later kit, which is in the car now .
                            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
                              I have this sneaking suspiscion that this is my old gearkit (which was on the car when I bought it having been purchased back in 1998), which is the original Fixit kit imported by DPE and is only rated to 450bhp. I gave this to Bernie at CTS in exchange for some T5 transmission bits, as it is not possible to get spares for it, as it was discontinued for the current much higher rated kit.... And that is the exact part on my kit that failed when I went from 400bhp to 480bhp all those years ago - could be coincidence though, as I never knew what Bernie wanted it for, as DPE wanted around £800 to custom make the replacement broken gear part and then I would be in the same boat again if any other parts let go (as in requiring further custom parts) . So I decided it wasn't worth the risk and to just buy the later kit, which is in the car now .
                              Mike how much for the gear kit you have in the car now and what power are they rated too?

Comment

Working...
                              X