starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter

i refitted the starter today and when i touched the starterlive to the battery terminal it sparked and made a shorting sound so i obviously didnt connect it up.

update
    problem solved,one of the terminals had got bent and was allowing the copperconnector part to just touch the other one

maybe dodgy earth nick or earth not fitted right, have you checked the wires are the right way on the starter

Comment

yes they were correct georgie but the live has a big flat connector and the corner edge was just touching the other one,glad i found it when i did
      while im on about starters which is the best to use as some are £50 and some £100 is there that much difference in build quality/performance?

Comment

glad you got it sorted ,can you stil get the starter from fords as i say the higher the price you pay the better the quality but then i could be wrong

Comment

aren't they all recon units anyway, don't think you can actually buy a brand brand new one these days

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
            aren't they all recon units anyway, don't think you can actually buy a brand brand new one these days
            ford still do em ben got one last week blood expensive though

Comment

a recon will be fine ben,ill have a look round today and see how much they are

Comment

Originally posted by cossiecrazy View Post
                ford still do em ben got one last week blood expensive though
                Are they actually brand spanking new then Mark, as I thought Ford still sold recon units

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                a recon will be fine ben,ill have a look round today and see how much they are
                let me know if you want me to get you a price with my trade discount although I would expect the price to be around the £70 mark, I paid £138 for an alternator and starter on the MK6 RS2000

Comment

the one i got was 100% brand new but may of neen a one off or old stock if you recon fords dont do new ones

Comment

I can't think who I heard it off now not so long ago, but I could be wrong, did you have to hand your old one in or pay a surcharge

Back on topic Nick, what's the problem with yours and could you not replace bearing or the bushes yourself????

Comment

na no surcharge

Comment

Working...
                      X