Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Dustless Blasting

Hi Guys

Wandered if anyone knows of a company that will be able to blast the underside of my car.
    I have tried for a few weeks to move the car but as its on frame work and i cannot tow a trailer on my driving licence or have a suitable vehicle i have been unable to sort this.
    I have spoken to normal blasting companies but they say it is likely they will cover the houses and cars of neighbours up to 3 houses each way, as we already do not get on with some of them i do not want to make matters worse.
    Im in the West Midlands if this helps

Thanks
    Gavin
    sigpic

cant say i've ever heard of dustless blasting other than i think you can get a small hand held one with a shroud over the end which sucks the dust back.... could be way off with that though. other wise, the proper blasters that require upwards of 150cfm like i used to have WILL shit up your street, you could limit the dust by building a shelter - ie gazebo, but then the guy doing it wont be able to see what he's doing within about ten seconds of firing it up, does it really need blasting? why not use a wire wheel?
    one for the road?? ......
    sigpic

Comment

Believe they use water to stop it dusting mate.
      Have considered the shelter but the companies said they would not work in one for the reason you said.

Think im just going to have to use the wire wheels, this was my last option before spending a week with the grinder
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Gav Diamond;199286]Believe they use water to stop it dusting mate./QUOTE]

oh right, like i said i've never heard of it, water would work i suppose apart from you would be wetting your blasted area surely- i dont mean soaking it but i'm guessing there would be some sort of water spray at the blaster nozzle to damp the dust/grit which i would have thought would ultimately dampen the metal and then make it a shade of brown in about 15 mins. i would say adding water - dustless blasting would only be suitable for doing buildings/brickwork and not metal.
        one for the road?? ......
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X