Cambelt clearence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt clearence question

Just taken my cambelt cover off and noticed the belt runs really close to the top of the thermostat housing ,virtually touching is this right , can this be altered by revolving the tensioner ...............Rashers .................I cant post a picture as my photobucket account is playing up .....
    sigpic

hmmm thats a strange one mate a picture would be better il post 1 up of what mine looked like

Comment

Originally posted by rashers View Post
      Just taken my cambelt cover off and noticed the belt runs really close to the top of the thermostat housing ,virtually touching is this right , can this be altered by revolving the tensioner ...............Rashers .................I cant post a picture as my photobucket account is playing up .....

The tensioner should be tensioned clockwise or it is to close to the housing.

Mark

Comment

yep . sounds like the tensioners has been turned the wrong way
        sigpic

Comment

yeh mines was the same noticed wear marks on the belt so replaced the belt and tensioner and tensioned it the opposite way all is fine now
          sigpic
          L76 APJ Pacifica Blue 570bhp 460lbt SCS mapped

Comment

Is this when the belt ends up with a little scuff up the middle yes ??

learn somthing new everyday.

Low Slung Denim.

Comment

the mark on the middle of the belt is normal and down to the make of the tensioner pulley . It has a small channel in the middle of it that doesnt touch the belt .
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X